Rehab facility as clinical experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emh_omega-323

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I'll be applying to post baccs this cycle, and while I've dug pretty hard into the "what counts as clinical experience?" threads I can't seem to find a solid answer. Would working as a behavior tech at an alcohol and drug rehab count as clinical experience? The position I'm considering is at a residential luxury rehab/treatment center monitoring the patients (but they might call them clients), dispensing meds, and intervening in a crisis. Some will be in detox. I've got a really good opportunity and I am looking to be a psychiatrist, but I'm just not if that is and adequately medical environment. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all! I'll be applying to post baccs this cycle, and while I've dug pretty hard into the "what counts as clinical experience?" threads I can't seem to find a solid answer. Would working as a behavior tech at an alcohol and drug rehab count as clinical experience? The position I'm considering is at a residential luxury rehab/treatment center monitoring the patients (but they might call them clients), dispensing meds, and intervening in a crisis. Some will be in detox. I've got a really good opportunity and I am looking to be a psychiatrist, but I'm just not if that is and adequately medical environment. Thanks
Yes. That’s what I did .

Yes

I think having greater insight into that community is very valuable. Addiction is something you will likely encounter frequently in many specialties.