Rehab facility as clinical experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Emh_omega-323

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all! I'll be applying to post baccs this cycle, and while I've dug pretty hard into the "what counts as clinical experience?" threads I can't seem to find a solid answer. Would working as a behavior tech at an alcohol and drug rehab count as clinical experience? The position I'm considering is at a residential luxury rehab/treatment center monitoring the patients (but they might call them clients), dispensing meds, and intervening in a crisis. Some will be in detox. I've got a really good opportunity and I am looking to be a psychiatrist, but I'm just not if that is and adequately medical environment. Thanks
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
Hello all! I'll be applying to post baccs this cycle, and while I've dug pretty hard into the "what counts as clinical experience?" threads I can't seem to find a solid answer. Would working as a behavior tech at an alcohol and drug rehab count as clinical experience? The position I'm considering is at a residential luxury rehab/treatment center monitoring the patients (but they might call them clients), dispensing meds, and intervening in a crisis. Some will be in detox. I've got a really good opportunity and I am looking to be a psychiatrist, but I'm just not if that is and adequately medical environment. Thanks
Yes. That’s what I did .
 
Hello all! I'll be applying to post baccs this cycle, and while I've dug pretty hard into the "what counts as clinical experience?" threads I can't seem to find a solid answer. Would working as a behavior tech at an alcohol and drug rehab count as clinical experience? The position I'm considering is at a residential luxury rehab/treatment center monitoring the patients (but they might call them clients), dispensing meds, and intervening in a crisis. Some will be in detox. I've got a really good opportunity and I am looking to be a psychiatrist, but I'm just not if that is and adequately medical environment. Thanks
Yes