hoosier24

Nov 22, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I would really like a full time rehab tech job so that I can beef up my observation hours. The local hospital posted patient care tech positions in the acute rehab department and I can't decide if I would actually gain any therapy experience this way. They never post any actual rehab tech positions, so I'm wondering if this would be a sort of inpatient rehab tech position... and yes, I understand that a lot of patient care tech duties are really gross. Any thoughts/ideas/opinions??

DPThopeful24

Mar 2, 2012
Status (Visible)
I would try and find a rehab tech position rather than be a patient care tech. The patient care techs are not involved with the rehab at the hospital I work at. Also, hospitals generally only have 1 or 2 rehab techs depending on the size compared to several handfuls of patient care techs so rehab tech jobs are just harder to come by. Most hospitals also usually require you to have be a CNA to be a patient care tech.

Seatown87

Feb 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
Status (Visible)
When I was looking for a job at PT clinics I sent out my resume and cover letter to a lot of clinics without looking through classifieds.

Right now is a pretty good time to apply because most Techs are trying to get into school and many are likely leaving now through the fall. Try and just get in contact with clinics and hospitals to see if there are any openings coming up in the future. This way there is less competition for you when the clinic posts a classified and 300 people submit applications.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.