Rejected by your first choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ixitixl

Step 1 studysaurus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess acceptances and rejections have been rolling in so I thought I'd start a comiseration thread for people who've been rejected by their first choice med school.

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet, but probably soon, Hopkins.

But I got interviewed at my 2nd and 3rd choices so it's not so bad ;)

I got rejected by my second and third choice. Still waiting to get rejected by my first.

Members don't see this ad :)
U of Washington rejected me presecondary. They said I wasn't qualified enough to be considered for MD as an out-of-state candiate, but that i should apply MD-PHD...phhhhth :(

~AS1~

I thought U Washington doesn't accept any out of state (except idaho, montana, alaska) candidates for their MD program as a rule.

I actually had to have my mommy march in into the residency classification office to be classified as a resident for UW since the people there wouldn't listen to me. It's pretty sad since I consider myself independent. They said I wasn't a qualified resident after living here for 10 years and working here full time for 4. It's a strange place. What's even more annoying is that more than half of my interview was devoted to why they adcom doesn't think I'm really a resident since I went out of state (UVa) for undergrad. It's my first choice so I'm just waiting for the rejection in the mail at this point.