rejectedc from all 45T

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpatel

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No but really I got 31L the first time I took it and have c3.86 and s3.94. I was never serious and would never do any assignment or whatever but because of my high test scores I always got an A. I used to smoke a lot of weed and took half of the test high lol. Used to drink alot too. So end result, 3 years wasted with little or no ECs and but thanks to god that by the time I got my senses back I had maintained by gpa. You dont see alot of cases like me but so now the deal is havent heard back from a single school yet.

My writing score sucks and have very little ECs. been 2 months so does it mean it is a silent rejection. How is low Writing score gonea effect me. DO u guys see any chances at all.

Heres the improvement I am doing for 2011 cycle: I got a tutoring position in which I tutor bio, gen chem, orgo, physics. I also do review session for gen chem in front of like 50 students. I am also going to do some research. ONly wish med schools could see this. But I miss weed lol

Members don't see this ad.

stop making stupid threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well rounded application yes but can u get in just based on stats which are good enuf. wihtout any ECs

Also I am really having hard time deciding whether to retake MCAT or not. WHat if I bomb it the second time. then it is really bad

Also I am really having hard time deciding whether to retake MCAT or not. WHat if I bomb it the second time. then it is really bad

Only you know what you are capable of. If you were getting 35+ on practice tests, then I woul say give it another try....but if not, I would not mess with it. The MCAT is not the main problem...

is your lack of effort.....show me some heart and do the necessary ECs....

Well rounded application yes but can u get in just based on stats which are good enuf. wihtout any ECs

No, you can't. Maybe if you really did have a 45t you'd have a chance without ECs, but you'd still have a hard time. With your MCAT score (not sure how you managed to get that low of a writing score, although if you spelled as badly on the MCATs as you do posting...) which is pretty mediocre, you'll have to have great ECs. Your GPA is great but it won't get you into med school. You need to start volunteering somewhere now, somewhere you can get patient contact. I would volunteer at a couple of different places if I were you.

You might consider retaking the MCAT if you are willing to put a LOT of time into it. You seem to be one of those people who has gotten by so far because you have natural smarts. That's good for you, but it won't get you into med school. You are going to really have to work hard at this, and if you can't, then you won't do well in med school.

Even if you do get your app well-rounded, your immaturity will come off in your interviews and might get yourself rejected again.

sorry, but your attitude is horrible, first u create a condescending thread complaining about people with good statistics

well, some people are genuinely here for help.

unfortunately, all i got out of your post was a desire to scream out that u are so darn good because u smoked weed and still did well in school.

guess what, ure not all that great.
like you said, there are many of the 40/4.0s here
AND, they are much more humble than you, even if they have achieved so much more than you.

change your mentality, and you will get in! :D

Not only is this a stupid thread, but your grammar is absolutely atrocious. If this is even a real thread, I have no trouble believing you scored an L on the writing section based off of your poor and incoherent writing.

I will say what everyone who has read this is too nice to say...

As of now, you dont deserve to go to medical school, PERIOD.

Do you have any idea how many people work day in and day out to get the criteria they need (Grades, MCAT Score, Clinical Experience, Research, Ect.) JUST to be competitive?

Ok, you got good grades from being smart in college (*clap*). Do you think you would even make it past first year of medical school?

If you want to smoke weed all day....go do ANYTHING else. Some of us appreciate what it takes to be a physician and will continue to work at it.

Your attitude makes me sick and you would do more to further medicine if you just quit trying to be a physician.

stop make fun original post. he smart in school, but internets hard to type and make words.

No but really I got 31L the first time I took it and have c3.86 and s3.94. I was never serious and would never do any assignment or whatever but because of my high test scores I always got an A. I used to smoke a lot of weed and took half of the test high lol. Used to drink alot too. So end result, 3 years wasted with little or no ECs and but thanks to god that by the time I got my senses back I had maintained by gpa. You dont see alot of cases like me but so now the deal is havent heard back from a single school yet.

My writing score sucks and have very little ECs. been 2 months so does it mean it is a silent rejection. How is low Writing score gonea effect me. DO u guys see any chances at all.

Heres the improvement I am doing for 2011 cycle: I got a tutoring position in which I tutor bio, gen chem, orgo, physics. I also do review session for gen chem in front of like 50 students. I am also going to do some research. ONly wish med schools could see this. But I miss weed lol
If you have "few ECs" you have no chance during this cycle, but it's good to see you are seriously addressing your weak areas. Teaching experience and research are desirable elements to develop. Maybe try to get in some leadership too. No matter how much clinical experience you have, it's important to keep it current and continue to gain hours in whatever you were doing. With an extra year, you might also want to add some shadowing hours with other types of physicians.

It sounds like you've turned around your priorities, you're more focused now, and better goal-oriented toward the future. Keep up your determination to beef up your application. Your stats are fine as they are, and I doubt the "L" writing score will effect you much if your PS is well-written and your Secondary essays are a match.