rejection after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodfella

bball 4 life
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i was just wondering. do people actually get rejected after interviews? I hear from deans and the schools that it's an option. but I've only seen at worst waitlist from my experiences and those of others... any straight up rejections post-interviews?

because if most people are put on the waitlist...then the waitlist wouldnt mean much...:(

Members don't see this ad.

so i was just wondering. do people actually get rejected after interviews? I hear from deans and the schools that it's an option. but I've only seen at worst waitlist from my experiences and those of others... any straight up rejections post-interviews?

because if most people are put on the waitlist...then the waitlist wouldnt mean much...:(

Unfortunately, it is definitely a possibility to get rejected after an interview. Being on the waitlist is only meaningless if the school specifically says that they hardly ever get to the waitlist i.e. SUNY Upstate's normal waitlist. Otherwise you have no real idea of where you stand on the waitlist itself so it is best to remain positive. If the worse you've had is waitlist then consider yourself lucky because you still have chances at those schools.

Ditto. People get rejected post-interview all the time. Sometimes, you get rejected even after performing well during your interviews. Its all part of the game. Its like Russian roulette really. Except with more bullets.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the school. But post-interview rejections do exist in general :eek:

Ditto. People get rejected post-interview all the time. Sometimes, you get rejected even after performing well during your interviews. Its all part of the game. Its like Russian roulette really. Except with more bullets.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So true, so true.