SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by MTY, Jul 19, 2000.

1. MTY

Sadly enough, i like to ask for good advice. i received a rejection from medical college of wiscosin yesterday. they said i need at least 90 grades coursework from my undergraduate. well, my undergraduate was based on narrative evaluation system, therefore all of my courseworks were P/F with narrative evaluation. the Adcom refused to consider those courseworks without grades, so i'm being rejected without given a secondary application. what should i do?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 21, 1999
    You might try consulting the AMCAS application manual. I recall reading something pertaining to this topic. I could have sworn there was some way to report it as a grade?

Perhaps another line of attack would be to speak to and request a letter from the president of your undergrad be sent to med col of wis explaining your school's narrative system.
  4. fiatslug

fiatslug Senior Member Physician 10+ Year Member

May 8, 2000
    MTY, did you go to UCSC? I did, and all my UCSC grades are narrative evals/pass-fail. I had no problem when applying, although I did not take any of my science prereqs there. I think for those they may insist on grades... I'm not sure. Call your school's career center or premed advisory board and they'll know how to handle it.
  5. MTY

i've contact the pre-med advising office, and they said that med college of wis had informed them about aborting narrative/eval applicants this year. so i just hope that this won't happen with rest of the med schools. the advisor did tell me that this is the only med school that has changed its policy. man, i better get in this year, imagine i have to re-take all my college courses again that would be really frustrated.