Rejection Letter Rejection Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGloaming

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't been posted yet... I wonder how many pre-meds have wanted to send a letter like this...

enhanced-buzz-27830-1328219340-39.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This was on fb recently. Pretty good stuff.

As funny as it is, the underlying principle can be used to turn down offers, i.e. withdrawing from schools one has been accepted to. It would be interesting to suddenly turn the tables and tell them, "I appreciate your interest in me, however at this time I am unable to accept your offer of admission. This year, I have received a record number of acceptances, and practical concerns allow me to only attend one school at any given instant. I am sure that you will somehow cope without me, and wish you the best in all your future endeavors."

...or something along those lines....Who's in? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
As funny as it is, the underlying principle can be used to turn down offers, i.e. withdrawing from schools one has been accepted to. It would be interesting to suddenly turn the tables and tell them, "I appreciate your interest in me, however at this time I am unable to accept your offer of admission. This year, I have received a record number of acceptances, and practical concerns allow me to only attend one school at any given instant. I am sure that you will somehow cope without me, and wish you the best in all your future endeavors."

Lol, I had a horrible, unpleasant interview at a school and got waitlisted. I have seriously thought about doing that when I withdraw from the waitlist...

Lol, I had a horrible, unpleasant interview at a school and got waitlisted. I have seriously thought about doing that when I withdraw from the waitlist...

I've got two words for ya...

images

Actually sent this letter verbatim (names changed to protect the innocent) to an office:

Dear Hogwarts Office of Admissions,

Thank you for contacting me regarding my secondary application for admissions. Unfortunately, due to limited resources and time, I would like to withdraw my application to Hogwarts School of Medicine at this time. Best wishes for the remainder of the application season.

Sincerely,
Calvinball

Not gonna lie, it felt pretty good. To be fair, they sent me a very polite email letting me know their deadline was approaching and I wanted to let them down easy.

Actually sent this letter verbatim (names changed to protect the innocent) to an office:

Not gonna lie, it felt pretty good. To be fair, they sent me a very polite email letting me know their deadline was approaching and I wanted to let them down easy.

I'd say that was polite and classy. Not too long.

thanks for the sample polite rejection letter! I have been dreading turning down 2 schools even though i am 90% sure where i'll be going.... i keep feeling that something will happen at the very last minute and i want to have options:scared:

A "Dear John" type letter is probably not the best to send, but definitely amusing to think about: "Dear School A, We need to talk. Listen, this whole admissions process has been great. We had some really great times during interview day and my neurotic calls to the admissions office. But I feel like we've been growing apart recently. And it's not you, it's me; I just don't really think I'm ready for the kind of program you're offering right now. But I'm sure that you'll find some really great medical students after me, who will make you very happy."

A "Dear John" type letter is probably not the best to send, but definitely amusing to think about: "Dear School A, We need to talk. Listen, this whole admissions process has been great. We had some really great times during interview day and my neurotic calls to the admissions office. But I feel like we've been growing apart recently. And it's not you, it's me; I just don't really think I'm ready for the kind of program you're offering right now. But I'm sure that you'll find some really great medical students after me, who will make you very happy."

Hopefully George Costanza is not part of the admissions staff...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TnhNxKNlU[/YOUTUBE]