Rejection than Acceptance???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cali99boy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is strange. I received a rejection letter from UMich over a month ago. I deleted all emails from them regarding student ID's and info on logging into website.

I just received an email saying "Congratulations! We are pleased to let you know we have recommended you for admission to the Department of Health Behavior and Health Education’s MPH program for Fall 2012. This is not an official letter of acceptance. If admitted the official communication will come from the Office of Academic Affairs."

What the hell???:eek: Did I NOT get rejected?? I received an email saying they couldnt offer me admission a month ago...

Members don't see this ad.

I would call the department to find out...very odd! And cruel to get your hopes up if it was a mistake!

While very very uncommon, I have heard of it before. Two years ago someone on this board was rejected (I actually believe it was Michigan) and then was later accepted. While I would not get your hopes up too much, it could actually be correct. I would call and explain the situation. I am sure someone will help you out.