Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called UPenn to know the status of my application. They say they'll send a letter either way i.e. even if ur rejected.
Did anyone get a rejection letter from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I called UPenn to know the status of my application. They say they'll send a letter either way i.e. even if ur rejected.
Did anyone get a rejection letter from them yet?

Hi tapanhp,

Can you share your stats?

-Thanks in advance.

find my stats on page 1 of this thread

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys
what you guys really mean by saying rejected? did you guys attend the interview and got rejection or not getting an interview?

these are the not called for interview type of rejections...
dude it's too early for the post interview rejections

tapanhp......
thank you very much.

hey guys.me got rejections from uop and ucsf .applied in 6 and 4 more to go:thumbup:.I dont know what these ppl look for and the most important thing is your visa status,believe or not.cheers

hey guys.me got rejections from uop and ucsf .applied in 6 and 4 more to go:thumbup:.I dont know what these ppl look for and the most important thing is your visa status,believe or not.cheers
I donot think that the visa status has to do with this,Iam a permanent resident and get rejected by UOP.

has anyone called up usc to find out if they have been invited for the interview process. i just now called them and got a very strange answer. the lady at the desk told me to wait till the mid october to know if i would be called for the interview or not :confused:

has anyone called up usc to find out if they have been invited for the interview process. i just now called them and got a very strange answer. the lady at the desk told me to wait till the mid october to know if i would be called for the interview or not :confused:
Not that strange if I think about it. People have until mid October to RSVP and send in the $50 for the interview. Some may not accept the invite. The the wait listed candidates will get a call around mid october.

what are ur stats novel???

nbde-86,toefl-100,ece-3.6, masters gpa 4

Hi,
I applied to UMN and BU.
Got an interview call from BU.
File active in UMN but I don't think they will call me unless I improve my Part I score. So, 1 rejection and 1 interview call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I applied to UMN and BU.
File active in UMN but I don't think they will call me unless I improve my Part I score. So, 1 rejection and 1 interview call.

Hi sravan,

Whats ur part1 score?

Hi,
I applied to UMN and BU.

i know yr part 1 score is 86 [correct me if i am wrong].could you pls share yr other stats/work exp?thanks

I got one more rejection............from UMN today.:(

got 1 more rejection ......from upenn that makes it 5 out of 7, 2 to go. god knows what happens hoping for the best

I got rejection letter from UMN dated OCT 9. this is my first rejection letter and they never contacted me from UIC so I am rejected there too. waiting for any news from UPENN, NYU.

NBDE 83
TOEFL 97
GPA 2.96

I got rejection letter from UMN dated OCT 9. this is my first rejection letter and they never contacted me from UIC so I am rejected there too. waiting for any news from UPENN, NYU.

NBDE 83
TOEFL 97
GPA 2.96
did u attend the interveiw?

No I was not even that lucky:oops:

hey guys ive got my first rejection and that too form UPENN...well my stats are not bad...ndbe 96(new format), toelf 114 and gpa 3.41...and 8 yrs work ex in home country ..no US work...so i dont know what theyr looking for...if anyone has any idea im open to hearing feedback

hey guys ive got my first rejection and that too form UPENN...well my stats are not bad...ndbe 96(new format), toelf 114 and gpa 3.41...and 8 yrs work ex in home country ..no US work...so i dont know what theyr looking for...if anyone has any idea im open to hearing feedback

got rejection from umdnj.

i got 1 more rejection. from upenn. really disappointed.................

dr lyp

Hello! those are impressive stats......problem is UPenn is looking for some/any wk exp in the US...even if it is non dental related. Good luck

hi..me too got upenn rejection n m not sure for wht reasons..my stats r nbde1 91/ toefl 115/gpa 3.5/ work exp -postgraduate degree
so i think many of us with decent scores r getting upenn rejection..i think may be no US experience?? any other reasons ??

hi..me too got upenn rejection n m not sure for wht reasons..my stats r nbde1 91/ toefl 115/gpa 3.5/ work exp -postgraduate degree
so i think many of us with decent scores r getting upenn rejection..i think may be no US experience?? any other reasons ??

I have heard from some seniors that UPenn prefers ppl with part 2 even though they havent mentioned it on their site. somebody heard something similar?

i know yr part 1 score is 86 [correct me if i am wrong].could you pls share yr other stats/work exp?thanks

No, you are correct.
My stats are 86/105/2.76/2 yrs in home country, 10 months part-time observership/ MS in CS/working Full-time in software industry.
If you need additional info, please PM me.
Good luck!

No, you are correct.
My stats are 86/105/2.76/2 yrs in home country, 10 months part-time observership/ MS in CS/working Full-time in software industry.
If you need additional info, please PM me.
Good luck!

Thank you ! So you are a dentist and an engineer !!Thats a rare combination. You must be very intelligent!Good luck with yr admissions !

Guys don't give up. I think with ur stats u will get into some program if not in UoP.
Not trying to show off. I got Uop interview but actually my scores are not better than you. I was kind of surprised.
Here is my stats
Part1 new pattern 86
Part2 81
GPA 3.01
TOEFL 108
I think what made them choose me are factors other than scores, like I got an MS degree in US and I got several publications on dental research.
I hope this can be helpful fe other ppls. Scores don't tell everything.

hi plz can u explain wahat is the crieria to enter an MS program...what are the requirements?which univ offer it.iam new here in US please help.i dont want to wastemy time uselessly.

i got 1 more rejection. from upenn. really disappointed.................

Hey !
Wat r ur stats and when did u apply to UPENN?
I'm goin crazy waiting to hear frm them!

Hello

I just would like to provide some words of encourgemnet, remember rejection is part of the application process. Keep your spirit high, pray and work hard. I applied to dental schools for 2 straight years before getting accepted to UIC. My stats were Part I/II 87/77, Toefl 99, Gpa 3.45, 2.5 yr dental assistant and shadow, 1 year dental internship.

dont lose hope, i know it is hard but there will be light at end of the tunnel.

good luck

Dentalbug

hi.
got upenn rejection today
my stats 95/107/3.76, though i am a fresher...
dont know wht upenn is looking for??

hey guys i got rejection letter from umn yesterday
and i was waitin g for interview letter.............
my status is 89 - 101- 3.5
i am feeling so depressed ..........
i thought its a good score .
last year my friend got admission to nyu and he had 86 score
whyyyyyyyyyyy meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hey Sella,

Don't be disheartened! I am sure, you will definitely get a call from another skool..your stats are good :). Cheer up & don't loose hope..it's a long journey. If you don't mind, can you share when was your application complete at UMN?

Cheers :thumbup:,

~ Pearl

hi sella
today i recieved rejection letter from university of minnesotta...
my stats were 90/101/3.06/masters degree and 61/2 year of experience in countrys best institutes...
i m really lost... coz even havent heard from texas and boston...
this is crazy...

Hey pgi dentist,
Your stats are good :) & I would say the same to you as i did to Sella. Don't loose hope, you will for sure get your interview call from another skool!!! Could you please share, when was your application completed at UMN.

Cheer up & an oppurtunity just lies around the corner for ya,

~ Pearl

hi sella
my stats were 90/101/3.06/masters degree and 61/2 year of experience in countrys best institutes...
this is crazy...
hi......M very very sure that u will get a call from BU.
90 is a very good score & generally BU calls people with this score.
It's just matter of time & also depends on at what time ur application got completed...so, keep ur fingers crossed...
Regarding UMN and TEXAS, don't get disheartened, as I have heard that they prefer greencard holders/citizens more than score.
Peolpe with scores in lower 80's get a call 4rm there, & with 90's get rejection....:(

hi.
got upenn rejection today
my stats 95/107/3.76, though i am a fresher...
dont know wht upenn is looking for??

ur stats are good. I would say U Penn does not deserve good students like you! You can try california schools such as UCLA or UCSF next year! You will rock!!!!! cal schools want students like you.

hey sella,

don't be disheartened! I am sure, you will definitely get a call from another skool..your stats are good :). Cheer up & don't loose hope..it's a long journey. If you don't mind, can you share when was your application complete at umn?

Cheers :thumbup:,

~ pearl
yeah
i am feeling better now
thanks for support
my application was complete on sep12
have u also applied there
good luck

hi sella
this is crazy...
HEY BUDDY YOU ARE CLOSE TO ME BUT STILL MUCH BETTER
DONT GET DISAPPOINTED YOUR EXPERIENCE IS SO GOOD
YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET IT :thumbup:
KEEP MOVING.........AND YOU WILL BE THERE

Hi Sella,

Yes, my application was complete (just recently) at UMN on 16th Oct. So, keeping my fingures crossed !

Good luck to you & stay + ,

~ Pearl

my application was complete by 7th of october( UMN)
neeways thanxs for the support...

thanxs... i believe this forum is only keepin my hopes alive...:)

Hi everybdy,
I too got a rejection...nbde 89, toefl 107 , gpa 4...!
dont know what do these people want?
where did you got rejected from
you are too good
i have
89 101 3.5
i got rejected at umn
dont worry you will get some where

some times not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck..........

so cheer up guys
this is not end of world........

hi......m very very sure that u will get a call from bu.
90 is a very good score & generally bu calls people with this score.
It's just matter of time & also depends on at what time ur application got completed...so, keep ur fingers crossed...
Regarding umn and texas, don't get disheartened, as i have heard that they prefer greencard holders/citizens more than score.
Peolpe with scores in lower 80's get a call 4rm there, & with 90's get rejection....:(

hey
do you know if boston sends you dis approval letter abt the application ......that they wont even call you for interview and are not considering you for the interview
becaus e i have sent them application and they are not responding me and it is supposed to be complete .....month ago .......but my toefl score in that is 99
new one is one the way
can some one has some suggestions for me
thanksssssssssss

some times not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck..........

so cheer up guys
this is not end of world........

Very well said sella.........& hope it's true tooo ;
Boston never sends such kind of letter.....so, don't worry.....I guess they might be waiting 4 ur new toefl score to consider ur application complete....
keep in track with bu about ur new score..normally it shouldnot take more than 10 days to reach them.
good luck :)

hi everybody! i am applying to an AEGD program in Uconn and BU, Should i be worried if i havent heard from them yet? Do you know when are the interviews for this programs? Please tell me something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!