Relationship Of Wide Area Cardiac Infarction With the Levels Of Troponin T ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rksria

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a medical student from Indonesia. This is my first post on SDN.

I want to make a research on the relationship area of ​​cardiac infarction with the levels of troponin T.

But when I read the research studies in Indonesia, there was no relationship.

Do you think is true whether troponin T levels are not associated with an wide area of cardiac infarction?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
From Uptodate:

Infarct size — Many clinicians use peak values of biomarkers to provide a rough estimate of infarct size. Recent data using both scintigraphy [64,65] and MRI [66] suggest that peak cTnT values or the 72 to 96 hour values correlate with infarct size determined from imaging approaches. The slope of the relationship is different if one uses the 24-hour, 48-hour, or peak value versus the 72 to 96 hour value [67] and, as with CK-MB, the correlation is less robust with NSTEMI than with STEMI. In addition, the slope of the relationship is different with and without reperfusion. Nonetheless, correlation ranges are good (from 0.8 to 0.93) in these studies and are better than the correlations reported for CK-MB. Similar data are available for cTnI as well [68].

Studies cited (PubMed ID):