relocating yourself: chances of specializing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msunii

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got into a dental school in south and i would like to come back to mid-east/ east area once i'm done with school.it's not that i'm not interested in becoming a genral dentist, but "in case" i want to specialize once i start my dds program, i'm thinking of applying to schools in mid-east/east area.
i wanted to ask how you all think in terms of possibility of getting into a specialty after having your dds from a school in a different state.
First thing important I know that I should be confident of what I'm specializing + pass board + have great GPA (top rank of class) but other than that, does it matter where you complete your DDS?
I am asking in terms of both relocating yourself from one state to the other, and if the school you go to determines your chance of specializing with all that sorts of reputation and ranking of schools altho we don't officially rank d schools.
plz, i'm not trying to plan ahead, and act like those who are so sure of specializing when you haven't even started your 1st year of d school.
i'm trying to ask what ppl think, and some thoughts of you all will be very much appreciated ! :)

Members don't see this ad.