1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Studying for the DAT, GRE, OAT or PCAT? Test Prep Week Exhibitors are here to help!

Relocating

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by calitech88, Sep 9, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. calitech88

calitech88

Sep 9, 2017
    Hello, I'm a certified, and licensed Pharmacy Technician through the state of California. I am moving my family to Arizona. I have been trying to research if Arizona state board of Pharmacy has any type of license transfer deal but all I can find is that I will have to apply for a new license. I was hoping someone would know some more info at least, and if I do just have to apply for a new license, how long will it take? It took 6 months to get my California License and I really cant wait that long to start work in Arizona. Any help is appreciated!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun! SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

May 15, 2011
    Physician
    Moving to Pharmacy forum. You may get better answers there than in the med student forum.

BidingMyTime likes this.
  4. Abby Atwood

Abby Atwood

Jan 4, 2017
    I haven't applied for a technician license with Arizona, but I did apply for an intern license. It takes a while, but it shouldn't take 6 months. The slowest step is the fingerprinting. There was about a 2 month turn around for my license.

5. lord999

lord999 Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2002
    DC
    Pharmacist
    Faculty
    Nope, if anything, AZ has a negative relationship with CA from past history. You'll need to reapply. If you're a CPhT, you can apply for an unlimited license. If you're not, you have to apply for a 3-year limited license, nonrenewable.

AZ is nowhere near the same wait as the CA bureaucracy. You should be cleared in two weeks if that if your CPhT is in order and you had your background check done recently for your CA one.

calitech88 likes this.
  6. calitech88

calitech88

Sep 9, 2017
    Thank you all for your info very helpful!!