Remedial Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmallTownUSA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about GPA calculation and class input on the application. At my community college they used the ACT/Compass scores to place us in math classes. I had to take elementary algebra (which was a joke) and I got a B in it. Do I list it as a course since it is below what the CC even considered college level. I got a grade and it was incorporated to my GPA there but the credits did not count towards graduation. Also it did not transfer to my current university.

It was termed BSKL (basic skills) 064

Members don't see this ad.

I was told to list all classes even those that did not count toward graduation. So for instance I took a class called Preparation for Childbirth at a local community college. It was pass/fail and I had to disclose and list it. I took a few other classes at that college too.
From what I understand any and all college course work must be represented.

Thanks! Also does anyone know how to classify what year you took a specific class (as far as freshmen sophomore) do you determine by standing by number of credits or by year because I am a Junior by years but First semester senior by credits, so I am off a semester from the normal college student. I am right now just filling out an excel sheet that I found and you are supposed to list year for each class (not sure if that matters on the actual application).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Also does anyone know how to classify what year you took a specific class (as far as freshmen sophomore) do you determine by standing by number of credits or by year because I am a Junior by years but First semester senior by credits, so I am off a semester from the normal college student. I am right now just filling out an excel sheet that I found and you are supposed to list year for each class (not sure if that matters on the actual application).

I think in the application guide it describes it based on number of credits, but I don't think it really matters, especially if you are talking about only a one semester/15 credit discrepancy.