REMEDIAL PACKET??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiredofbs

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
hi,

I failed the mpje once then passed the 2nd time then failed the naplex 2x and now apparently need a remedial packet to be able to take my naplex since i have a total of 3 fails. does anyone know what I actually need to do to be able to test again.... i called idfpr and they were clueless...... nabp same and continental testing people just tell you to call idfpr.... so a bs system built by ppl who dont even set it up right...... if anyone has any experience where can i get a remedial packet for the naplex and what else do i need to take care of ?

Members don't see this ad.

I've never actually heard of a remedial packet, but it took me about 10 seconds of googling to find this: https://continentaltestinginc.com/w...cist-Examination-Application-Instructions.pdf.

Looks like this is an Illinois specific thing?

Also, I think a couple more ??? in the subject line would garner more responses.
I have called that number as you can see if you read my original post, they then have no idea what a remedial packet or any of that is. Thats where i am stuck right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I'll bite again - another 10 seconds of googling actually pulled up a thread here:

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, I'll bite again - another 10 seconds of googling actually pulled up a thread here:

your effort is appreciated but that forum ends in the same fashion nobody got info on it regarding the naplex, they do mention dr. rickert for law but nothing on naplex..... there has to be some remediation program/packet not sure y this waste of time bs is so hard to find

hi,

I failed the mpje once then passed the 2nd time then failed the naplex 2x and now apparently need a remedial packet to be able to take my naplex since i have a total of 3 fails. does anyone know what I actually need to do to be able to test again.... i called idfpr and they were clueless...... nabp same and continental testing people just tell you to call idfpr.... so a bs system built by ppl who dont even set it up right...... if anyone has any experience where can i get a remedial packet for the naplex and what else do i need to take care of ?

If you are so “tired of bs” you won’t do well behind the counter. Just sayin’…

Have you considered substitute teaching?

Reactions: 1 users
It is so stupid how every ****ing state has their own pharmacy law. The national law test should be integrated into the NAPLEX. Less money for prospective pharmacists to spend, less money to spend on licensing/registration.

Reactions: 2 users
It is so stupid how every ****ing state has their own pharmacy law. The national law test should be integrated into the NAPLEX. Less money for prospective pharmacists to spend, less money to spend on licensing/registration.

How else will they make money off of poor new grads?

Reactions: 4 users
looks like most here are as useless as the idfpr people and the il state board

You could have just passed your exams in the first place like the rest of us 🤷

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
You could have just passed your exams in the first place like the rest of us 🤷

I don't know how anyone can fail the NAPLEX. I had a 2.3 GPA in pharmacy school yet I got a very high score on the NAPLEX and MPJE. Only test that gave me trouble was the NYS Part 3 and I only passed because the state curved everyone's NYS Part 3 in 2012.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know how anyone can fail the NAPLEX. I had a 2.3 GPA in pharmacy school yet I got a very high score on the NAPLEX and MPJE. Only test that gave me trouble was the NYS Part 3 and I only passed because the state curved everyone's NYS Part 3 in 2012.

In all honestly - the only part I struggled with was the chemotherapy and HIV stuff. So much of the cancer stuff I had to guess on. Outside of that I did well and passed it my first time. However, we came from a time when passing our pharmacy coursework tests the first time was expected.

When I was done with my NAPLEX I felt like the entire world must have aids or something because it was so heavily weighted on that stuff

Members don't see this ad :)
but you know - individual states rights- remember we fought an entire ware over that back in the 1800's

Reactions: 1 user
My experience was similar. I know a few people from my class who failed MPJE and one person who failed NAPLEX. Do you know if the tests have gotten any harder?
Apparently NAPLEX 2010 - 2020 was a cake walk. Call it a participation trophy. As if the exam wasn’t easy enough, you also had that professor circulating most the exam questions (I forgot his name..) Those who passed in 90s-00s ? Authentic. Honorable. Current day?? 2022 NAPLEX has just raised the bar - a couple times at once. They integrated a plethora of clinical complexities (to feed our entertainment as we watch the pass rates change without choking on our popcorn). They’re asking things like calculate the loading dose for drug x giving only the t1/2 #… also calculating LD based on pt profile/labs/cx etc - thus knowing what target dose/plasmaconc/trough is needed based off different doses by condition and applying renal dose adjustments etc. A lot moveré (sound-alike) brands, buti suppose they’ve always had fun mixing those in…. more questions where the first line of tx can’t apply, second line must be known etc. A few years ago, you could answer most pt profile cases without processing all -or any- of it. Now they’ve added so many layers of complexity to it making evasion impossible. Also, before you could theoretically pass if you tanked all the calculations so long as you excelled enough in everything else. With this new 6 areas of competency, all areas must be above average- so no longer can one area above par offsets inadequacies in another. It might seem tough but it feels well with my soul. Bar well-raised. Line up :)

The Nabplex people should start making it more expensive each time you take the exam. That way there is some real incentive to avoid failing multiple times. 1st $500 2nd $5000 3rd $50000 and so on. but also allow unlimited opportunities for retakes. End result= PROFIT

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Apparently NAPLEX 2010 - 2020 was a cake walk. Call it a participation trophy. As if the exam wasn’t easy enough, you also had that professor circulating most the exam questions (I forgot his name..) Those who passed in 90s-00s ? Authentic. Honorable. Current day?? 2022 NAPLEX has just raised the bar - a couple times at once. They integrated a plethora of clinical complexities (to feed our entertainment as we watch the pass rates change without choking on our popcorn). They’re asking things like calculate the loading dose for drug x giving only the t1/2 #… also calculating LD based on pt profile/labs/cx etc - thus knowing what target dose/plasmaconc/trough is needed based off different doses by condition and applying renal dose adjustments etc. A lot moveré (sound-alike) brands, buti suppose they’ve always had fun mixing those in…. more questions where the first line of tx can’t apply, second line must be known etc. A few years ago, you could answer most pt profile cases without processing all -or any- of it. Now they’ve added so many layers of complexity to it making evasion impossible. Also, before you could theoretically pass if you tanked all the calculations so long as you excelled enough in everything else. With this new 6 areas of competency, all areas must be above average- so no longer can one area above par offsets inadequacies in another. It might seem tough but it feels well with my soul. Bar well-raised. Line up :)

Your enter key is broken sir/ma'am.

• Haha
  • Care
The Nabplex people should start making it more expensive each time you take the exam. That way there is some real incentive to avoid failing multiple times. 1st $500 2nd $5000 3rd $50000 and so on. but also allow unlimited opportunities for retakes. End result= PROFIT
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I live in IL, but I must admit, I've never known anyone who failed enough times to need the remedial packet, so I know nothing about it. I've known people who failed the law part, which in the 90's was far more harder than the (then) NABPLEX because the questions were written so obtuse that nobody knew what they were asking. The NABPLEX/NAPLEX has never been a hard test....unless you went to a diploma mill pharmacy school that didn't teach you anything. There is no real reason why someone who graduated from a legitimate pharmacy school would fail the NAPLEX twice. (Caveat....I did know a gal who "slept" her way through pharmacy school and failed the NABPLEX the maximum # of times, before giving up and getting a job as drug rep.....but obviously she never would have graduated under normal circumstances.)

Name and shame the school that took your money and failed to teach you the minimum that you needed to know to pass. And call your school and ask them about this remediation packet, they owe you that much after stealing your money and not giving you an education.

• Haha
Caveat....I did know a gal who "slept" her way through pharmacy school and failed the NABPLEX the maximum # of times, before giving up and getting a job as drug rep
Let me guess, she "slept" her way into the drug rep job too?

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users