Step I Remembering G-protein second messengers

Started by Spang
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Spang

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Somebody posted a memory device for this (KISS, KICK, something) and I can't find it again. Help me out? 😎
 
That was me..

Sympathetics: KISS (qiss) a1=q a2=i b1=s b2=s
Parasympathetics: KICK (qiq) M1=q M2=i M3=q
Dopamine & Histamine: SIX (siqs) D1=s D2=i H1=q H2=s
For vasopressin just gotta remember QS
 
Or...you could just do what I'm doing and tell that part of the test to "KISS MY A$$!!!" All the more power to you for trying though!

Willamette
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AlexRusso said:
That was me..

Sympathetics: KISS (qiss) a1=q a2=i b1=s b2=s
Parasympathetics: KICK (qiq) M1=q M2=i M3=q
Dopamine & Histamine: SIX (siqs) D1=s D2=i H1=q H2=s
For vasopressin just gotta remember QS

Actually though, now looking in FA and coupling it (no pun intended...the lowest form of humor you know) with your clever nmemonic, I think that I WILL take the time to commit them to memory (I'm sure you're all sooo relieved to hear that). I second the "THANK YOU!" Alex!

Willamette
 
I was so with Willamette with telling that part to go &^%%#%^ 😱 until a little ray of light shined though! THANK-YOU, THANK YOU!! 😍

~Bean
 
AlexRusso said:
That was me..

Sympathetics: KISS (qiss) a1=q a2=i b1=s b2=s
Parasympathetics: KICK (qiq) M1=q M2=i M3=q
Dopamine & Histamine: SIX (siqs) D1=s D2=i H1=q H2=s
For vasopressin just gotta remember QS


Ahlikeit ah likeit ah likeit (legs kicking in the air a la Molly Shannon).
Thanks!
 
AlexRusso said:
That was me..

Sympathetics: KISS (qiss) a1=q a2=i b1=s b2=s
Parasympathetics: KICK (qiq) M1=q M2=i M3=q
Dopamine & Histamine: SIX (siqs) D1=s D2=i H1=q H2=s
For vasopressin just gotta remember QS
you rule. i was having a hard time remembering this until your mnemonic. 🙂
 
here's a simple 2 phrase mnemonic that i found helpful in prepping for the boards. it consists of 3 simple parts

"HMV is A1"
= Gq
= HMV (as in the music store) = H1, M1, V1 A1 (and M3 as in the car)

"AMD"
=Gi
=AMD as in the computer chip maker = A2, M2, D2

"all the rest are Gs!!!!!!!"



all the best

oh yeah,
you can reference this infor on p.149 in First Aid for the Boards
Step 1 2004 ed.

laters, y'all.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad