REMINDER FROM MOD! Read Me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DancerFutureDPT

Academic Administrator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been moving an abundance of threads from this forum to the Pre-PT forum. I totally understand that as acceptances roll in and you need to decide where to go for school, you want opinions from your peers. Or, if you know where you're going, you want to find other people going to the same school. That's definitely fine to post, but please do so in the Pre-PT forum.

Just a reminder: The Pre-PT forum is for anything pertaining to choosing PT schools, gathering info about schools (including "who is going to be at ________ in fall 2012?" or "who has heard from _______" threads), questions about prereqs, applications, interviews, etc.

The DPT forum should be focused on issues related to current students and practicing professionals (news, health care reform, insurance issues, anecdotes, treatment innovations, advice for PT classes, etc.).

Everyone is obviously welcome to read and post anywhere in this forum, as long as it is on topic to the section. Please keep anything pertaining to the application process in the Pre-PT section so that the major issues threads in this forum don't get lost.

Thanks! And if you have any questions or concerns, just let me know!
DancerFutureDPT

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Glad to see this. Unfortunately, etiquette on this board seems to be sub-par compared to other online communities I am a part of.

Members don't see this ad :)
unfortunately there's nothing I can do as far as giving infractions or warnings since it's not a TOS violation...it's just annoying for the rest of us (and for me to move all the threads around haha....but it comes with the territory).

Hopefully members will read this and post in the correct forum so that this one can be for current issues and such.

Dancer THANKS for taking time out of your busy daily schedule to moderate this forum. The advice and positive feedback that you and TheOx777 provide on a constant basis is truly appreciated. I doubt that you are compensated financially for your efforts, regardless, it definitely deserves recognition!

Hello all,

I have been moving an abundance of threads from this forum to the Pre-PT forum. I totally understand that as acceptances roll in and you need to decide where to go for school, you want opinions from your peers. Or, if you know where you're going, you want to find other people going to the same school. That's definitely fine to post, but please do so in the Pre-PT forum.

Just a reminder: The Pre-PT forum is for anything pertaining to choosing PT schools, gathering info about schools (including "who is going to be at ________ in fall 2012?" or "who has heard from _______" threads), questions about prereqs, applications, interviews, etc.

The DPT forum should be focused on issues related to current students and practicing professionals (news, health care reform, insurance issues, anecdotes, treatment innovations, advice for PT classes, etc.).

Everyone is obviously welcome to read and post anywhere in this forum, as long as it is on topic to the section. Please keep anything pertaining to the application process in the Pre-PT section so that the major issues threads in this forum don't get lost.

Thanks! And if you have any questions or concerns, just let me know!
DancerFutureDPT

Hi Dancer,

What should we do if we reply to an older thread that was started before the Physical Therapy board and Pre-Physical Therapy boards were separated? Should we PM you so that you can move it?

Sometimes the info from those older threads is helpful, but I wouldn't want to add to the influx of posts popping up in the wrong board...

Good question!

When the Pre-PT board was created I went back through the last year-ish of threads and moved them around, but admittedly I got lazy after going through 100s of threads haha.

I would say if you reply to an old thread, and you want to PM me to move it that's awesome and helpful, but if you forget don't worry about it. I generally try to check the forum at least every other day to move anything that's on the first page in the DPT section that should be in Pre-PT, but I may miss something. If you come across an old thread and you're not replying though, don't worry about it - I'm not moving anything that isn't active anymore until it becomes active again :)

Thanks!!