Rent during Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wiscodent18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious for you traditionalish dental students how much you guys pay to rent an apartment/room (minus internet, heat and other utilities). Ive had ultra cheap rent throughout undergrad but was curious what people are paying throughout the country. (yes I know rent varies depending on location)

Members don't see this ad.

$925/mo for 1b/1b condo in Houston.
Other students in my class are paying ~$1100-1200/mo for an apartment.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious for you traditionalish dental students how much you guys pay to rent an apartment/room (minus internet, heat and other utilities). Ive had ultra cheap rent throughout undergrad but was curious what people are paying throughout the country. (yes I know rent varies depending on location)
~550 sqft studio near Downers Grove, IL ~$1000-$1100.

MN: $840/mo 2b/1b apt with all utilities/internet included. University family housing.

I miss cheap rent from undergrad... I'm looking at $1300ish for my share of a 2 bed, 2 bath apt split between 3 or 4 people.

now I don't feel so bad about this $635 rent ha even though it doubled from my undergrad.

1010$ in Dallas about 10 mins from downtown. 1 bed 1 bath.

Is that each or together?
That's housing for families and couples. It's a steal for the area. To put it in perspective my last place was $950 for 1bd/1br apartment. Those places are a steal and had I not had a dog I would have lived there (I'm married as well). There's university family housing right next to me that is 2bd/1br for I think 920ish utilities and all included and it's a two level townhouse.

1140 for two bedroom

$1,070 for a 1 bed / 1 bath with a parking spot. 15 minute bike ride from campus. Plus I get a washer and dryer.

Probably the best deal for a 1 bed apartment I could find in Ann Arbor.

Starting in August, just signed my lease. 900 sq. ft., one bedroom about 3 minutes from the school, 6 minutes from downtown. I pay half of $1300 a month.