Repeat Classes but no Grade on my Transcript, what to put??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pwayne55

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about repeat courses:

My official transcript doesn't list the grades at all for the first attempt, and I am not sure where to find those. I am going to Student Services to ask them if they have a record of the first-attempt grades but if they don't...

What should I enter as the grades for the first attempt? My transcript has "RP" where the grade should be. The Instruction manual specifically states that not putting a grade will lead to my application being sent back during verification. Is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't occur? Even if there is no record of the original grade?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about repeat courses:

My official transcript doesn't list the grades at all for the first attempt, and I am not sure where to find those. I am going to Student Services to ask them if they have a record of the first-attempt grades but if they don't...

What should I enter as the grades for the first attempt? My transcript has "RP" where the grade should be. The Instruction manual specifically states that not putting a grade will lead to my application being sent back during verification. Is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't occur? Even if there is no record of the original grade?

Thank you!

have you read the AAMCAS grade classifications?

Worst case, you list RP in the grade section as shown on your official transcript.

have you read the AAMCAS grade classifications?

Worst case, you list RP in the grade section as shown on your official transcript.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Yes I've read through them, although they don't have anything specific in the case that you can't find the old grades. Here is what it says exactly under Repeated (R) Classes in the AMCAS manual:

"If your school has an academic forgiveness policy and subsequently replaces the original grade received with a special transcript symbol, the original grade and attempted credits must be entered on your AMCAS application, regardless of whether they appear on your official transcript. If the original grade is not entered, AMCAS will return your application to you to enter the original grade, which may cause you to miss application deadlines and forfeit fees."

Members don't see this ad :)
It is up to you to actually know what the original grades were. Why did you repeat these courses?
Ah, I see. I retook them because I got a bad grade in them. However I've taken some time off, did an unofficial and official post-bacc (due to financial reasons I couldn't begin with just the official one), and honestly just don't remember what grade I got in Ochem freshman and sophomore year...Thank you though, I will check with Student Services to see if they have some type of record.

Would the registrar office at your school have your original grade since they're in charge of academic records? You could also email your original professor or TA (if you can't reach the professor) to see if he/she still has your original grade.