Repeat failed year match chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zurc2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I repeated my failed MS1 year at a well known US MD school. After the repeat I came back strong and have been doing well. My Step 1 score is average (lower 230s). I have done research in med school but no publications (several prior to med school). What are my chances of matching into Emergency Medicine granted I do well in my clerkship courses? Any other advice for becoming a competitive EM applicant is welcomed! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
I repeated my failed MS1 year at a well known US MD school. After the repeat I came back strong and have been doing well. My Step 1 score is average (lower 230s). I have done research in med school but no publications (several prior to med school). What are my chances of matching into Emergency Medicine granted I do well in my clerkship courses? Any other advice for becoming a competitive EM applicant is welcomed! Thanks.

You will have to do well clinically and get above average SLOEs and even then probably will be limited to less competitive programs, but you could match with good SLOEs.