repeated course counts towards GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longlashes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Im not sure, but I did email NECO. How do you know that ICO takes the higher GPA, if a course is repeated, to calculate the overall GPA ?

Members don't see this ad :)
On the GPA calculation worksheet for ICO it stated that you can use the higher grade if the course is repeated. Does anybody know if Pacific or NOVA allow you to use the higher grade? I know NECO won't allow that. NECO wants all the grades.

Pacific requires you to use both your original grade and your repeated grade to calculate your cumulative GPA. Pacific also has you calculate your GPA for the last 45 credits you have taken. Depending on when you originally took a class, your "last 45" GPA could be quite a bit higher than your cumulative GPA if you don't have to factor in original grades from the repeated courses.

Is Pacific harder to get into compare to Nova, ICO?

I only applied to Pacific, so I can't really comment from personal experience. I do know someone who go accepted to both ICO and Pacific and she felt the processes were pretty equal (although Pacific's interview process is more laid back). I wouldn't really worry about which is harder to get into; just find which schools you might like to attend and apply to them all.

is it really that important to repeat courses that we didnt do well in? i;m finished with my degree this may and so do you think i should redo any of my courses? i will be doing applications at the end of this summer.... so what should i do=- if i do courses then this would make my application incomplete..... what do you guys think I should do?

I believe it depends on the school you took your classes at. If they line it out and don't calc. it into the gpa, then opt schools won't either!

I believe it depends on the school you took your classes at. If they line it out and don't calc. it into the gpa, then opt schools won't either!

I have a hard time believing any school would leave it off your transcripts. It might not show your original grade, but it will show that you repeated the course. I would advise not to attempt to hide anything. If you had to retake a few courses it's really not as big a deal as some people make it out to be.