Repeating AMCAS experiences on Secondary???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChymeofPassion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a couple of these secondary questions ask for a "single most impactful clinical experience", or "most rewarding non-academic moment". If this was already discussed in the PS or most meaningful section, is it fair game to repeat? (obviously rephrase).

Members don't see this ad.

I've noticed a couple of these secondary questions ask for a "single most impactful clinical experience", or "most rewarding non-academic moment". If this was already discussed in the PS or most meaningful section, is it fair game to repeat? (obviously rephrase).
Yes, provided you freshen it up: change vocabulary, rearrange the paragraphs, use new anecdotes/illustrations. Absolutely don't be so lazy that you just cut and paste the original essay.

This has been the benefit of going through like 20 personal statement drafts. I have like 10 different anecdotes that I used in other drafts that never made it into the final

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user