Rephrasing: Did i f*ck up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Already posted but iwas less direct so here it goes again:

i had to take a leave on this fall term to make some money and now i will be applying to med school with 78 credit, i can still finish before matriculating into med school, will they even accept my application with 78 credit?

Members don't see this ad.

did you spend 3 years full time in college?

Well not exactly i left on 2 semesters, one this year and one last year, so overall i finished staying about 2 years full in undergrad and i misscalculated and now i am only at 78, do they look at how long i;ve been in and extrapolate that ill be able to finish by next year? If i take what i took the time i was here. also i can take 12 in the summer to coverup what i missed, but i hear applying in june is better than applying in august, its just i am 21 and i dont want to be 22 to apply

Members don't see this ad :)
Well not exactly i left on 2 semesters, one this year and one last year, so overall i finished staying about 2 years full in undergrad and i misscalculated and now i am only at 78, do they look at how long i;ve been in and extrapolate that ill be able to finish by next year? If i take what i took the time i was here. also i can take 12 in the summer to coverup what i missed, but i hear applying in june is better than applying in august, its just i am 21 and i dont want to be 22 to apply

Dont know the entire situation, but one year to get all ur credits together isnt really that big of a deal..i mean you're still in your v. early twenties, and the av. age of matriculants in med school is rite about 22/23 i think..

i think we need a bit more info but it seems like you need another year in undergrad. generally schools are ok with 3 years but recommend 4.

yep, 22 would be too old...:rolleyes:

no one's "extrapolating" anything... you indicate on your AMCAS application when you're planning on graduating, and that's when you graduate...

I'm not even sure what your question is. It might be useful to use complete sentences;)

Ok, I'll rephrase with good english or try atleast for all the brothas and sistas, I started 2006 fall and I continued a little more credits than full time, but on Fall 2007 and Fall 2008 I had to take off for financial reasons, so now I will only have 78 credit hours instead of 90 on June for my application. So basically i would be considered now just finishing sophomore i think, but at the same time I CAN finish by winter 2010 and I really wanna get in by 2010 fall, so can I apply now with 78 credit or should i wait and take 12 credits in the summer and apply august. Just that I know that if i apply on June I'll have much better chance than if I apply on August, what do you guys think (damm that took a while to write nice sentences)

Ok, I'll rephrase with good english or try atleast for all the brothas and sistas, I started 2006 fall and I continued a little more credits than full time, but on Fall 2007 and Fall 2008 I had to take off for financial reasons, so now I will only have 78 credit hours instead of 90 on June for my application. So basically i would be considered now just finishing sophomore i think, but at the same time I CAN finish by winter 2010 and I really wanna get in by 2010 fall, so can I apply now with 78 credit or should i wait and take 12 credits in the summer and apply august. Just that I know that if i apply on June I'll have much better chance than if I apply on August, what do you guys think (damm that took a while to write nice sentences)

As long as you KNOW you'll finish before you start medical school, then you will be fine. You'll send in your application indicating your future courses, and you will also indicate that you will have a degree by then. They don't care how many hours you have when you apply, as long as you have your degree by matriculation. There will be a whole section on your AMCAS application designated for future coursework.

:luck:

why do you have so few credits? Are you a transfer student?

Most schools require you to have completed at least 90 credit hours before you can apply.

wait you dont actually need a degree to go to med school do you? cause early admissions kids don't.

i tink most schoolz require a degree, but not sure if most schoolzz want a MCAT on the spot with the application, not sure just extrapolating brotha

Members don't see this ad :)
You may not like to hear it. But, you should just wait and complete your undergrad degree. Sure you can POSSIBLY get in with just 90 credit hours, but it is very unlikely.

You may not like to hear it. But, you should just wait and complete your undergrad degree. Sure you can POSSIBLY get in with just 90 credit hours, but it is very unlikely.

No i dont want to get into med school with 90 credits, i want to apply right now with 78 credits and by the time i matriculate i would have received my degree

this is hilarious. you tried to explain your situation over 3 times, and no one can understand you!

here's the deal:
1. yes, you can apply before you have enough credits to graduate. in fact, most students apply while they are just first semester seniors in undergrad. this means, if you have the equivalent of 3 years of school completed (do you?), then you are fine.

2. it sounds like you are 1.5 years short of graduating (120 - 78 = 42 credits, or about 3 semesters). so, yes, that's achievable by Sept 2010.

3. you need to work on your grammar and improve the way you express yourself. otherwise, you will fail miserably on the mcat and interviews.

this is hilarious. you tried to explain your situation over 3 times, and no one can understand you!

here's the deal:
1. yes, you can apply before you have enough credits to graduate. in fact, most students apply while they are just first semester seniors in undergrad. this means, if you have the equivalent of 3 years of school completed (do you?), then you are fine.

2. it sounds like you are 1.5 years short of graduating (120 - 78 = 42 credits, or about 3 semesters). so, yes, that's achievable by Sept 2010.

3. you need to work on your grammar and improve the way you express yourself. otherwise, you will fail miserably on the mcat and interviews.

Thanks for understanding, i do have terrible grammer and i need to improve. I did 3 years but my credit hours is just lke a soph actually a bit more, but i will have 120 by winter if i take summer, its just I wanted to apply now, i see so i can follow my dreams, thanks a lot man

here's the deal:

This i understand.:D As well as strongly agree with #3.

as long as you get your bachelors degree before you start med school you will be fine. however i think adcoms may question your well roundedness after spending only 2 years in college.. thats just enough for premed courses and little else.

i see, ill just take 12 in the summer and catch up and apply with 90 at August, hopefully i wont be that disadvantaged to people who applied in June

i see, ill just take 12 in the summer and catch up and apply with 90 at August, hopefully i wont be that disadvantaged to people who applied in June

You don't need to have the credits before you apply.

I still don't think you're getting it.

Apply in June with your 78 credits or whatever.

Indicate on your amcas that you'll be taking a ton of classes to graduate by the time you matriculate.

You'll have taken 90 credits before you interview anyway.

Your application will look "thin" so your gpa had better look very, very good. If you apply in June, and take classes over the summer, you'll be pretty busy with classes and supplementals. BTW, are you going to have the $ to submit applications? Given your problem paying for undergread, don't get yourself in a jam by not having the $ for supplementals after submitting the AMCAS. Also figure on needing funds for clothing and travel for interviews.

Rather than rushing through, why not plan on taking a gap year (or two) to earn additional money to get you through the admission process.

I think ar2388 might be right about some schools requiring at least 90 hours before the application, but I don't remember the details. Call up the schools you are interested in to find out what they say. That will be your best source of information.