Did I screw myself over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkrossy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work as a medical scribe at a private practice and the doctor I work for was working to enroll our office as a study site for an observational research study. I was planning on assisting with the study, and in my activity description on the primary (as well as some of my secondaries) I wrote that I was assisting with the study because my office was assuming that it would be starting soon.

However, we found out today that we weren't selected as a study site because the company already filled all their spots, but they would reach out to us if any spots opened up. I feel like I screwed myself over because if I get asked about this in an interview, I have to go back on what I stated in my application. I understand that this is my fault and I shouldn't have made assumptions, but is there any way to gracefully tell an interviewer about the situation if it comes up?

Members don't see this ad.

Grants don't get funded. People don't win awards. I forgot to buy my Mega Millions ticket. Life goes on. I don't think it will come up, but if it does, just tell the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Grants don't get funded. People don't win awards. I forgot to buy my Mega Millions ticket. Life goes on. I don't think it will come up, but if it does, just tell the truth.
Will do. Thank you!

I echo the advice you got. Don't bring the subject up. If an interviewer brings it up, be honest about it. You had reason to believe you'd be assisting on the study and any reasonable person will understand that. You haven't screwed yourself over.

Reactions: 1 users