General Admissions & OTCAS Reporting observation hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClimbGirlClimb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For reporting observation hours, should I be recording hours, having the OT I observed sign it, and then scan and upload to OTCAS? I have mostly just been doing a self-record of the dates and hours I observed over the last couple years. A few schoos I'm applying to have their own observation forms that I of course filled out and am planning to upload. I'm just wondering if it looks bad to report hours in the observation section but not have an actual signed document saying you did them? Do any past applicants have experience with either doing this or not doing it and how it panned out for your acceptances/rejections? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I have my own personal log that includes a section on each line for the therapist to sign at the end of each day. I just did that to be safe but I don't know for sure if it's required to be that way. You can call otcas and maybe they can tell you. Or call the specific programs for clarification. If they need it you can try to go back and just have the therapist sign at the bottom or side of each line with the hours. Good luck; hope we all get in somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile