Reproducing Practice Performance During Graded Practicals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

resiliens

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had my first drilln' fill practical of the semester yesterday and I feel I did a lot better during most of my practices than during the graded practical.

Any of you veterans have advice on how I can carry over practice performance into the graded ones? Any insights you gained through your experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

Just practice. You're putting a skill you're still learning, under timed conditions. Gets to everyone at first and completely normal.

Confidence will build over time and you'll get to the point where you'll rarely practice.

Just practice. You're putting a skill you're still learning, under timed conditions. Gets to everyone at first and completely normal.

Confidence will build over time and you'll get to the point where you'll rarely practice.
Honestly, I don't think it was the nerves. I was as calm during the graded one as I was during my practices. It had something to do with trying to imitate/improve upon my last practice (this could be the "trying too hard" element people warn against). I feel like I ignored some of my gut instincts during that practical. It's been happening on some didactic exams as well this semester. Any advice on this?