Reproductive Endocrinology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tedebear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if people could settle a debate.

I was told reproductive endocrinology was not that popular among ob/gyn residents by an ob/gyn intern.

Is that true?

I thought it would be very popular due to hours and reimbursement etc.

Thank you for settling this discussion.

Members don't see this ad.

the "intern" who gave you that information is not utilizing all his/her brain cells.

REI is popular however, compared to other subspecialty, it may NOT be the most popular. Popularity between, gyn-onc, REI, MFM, etc. changes each year. But REI is competitive to get into... as are all other subdivisions of ob/gyn.

Hope that helps you with a debate.

Sia Simba is correct. It varies from year to year, but we have had four go into REI in the past three years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was wondering if people could settle a debate.

I was told reproductive endocrinology was not that popular among ob/gyn residents by an ob/gyn intern.

Is that true?

I thought it would be very popular due to hours and reimbursement etc.

Thank you for settling this discussion.

REI isn't "popular" in that it's the most competitive fellowship, but may not have the max enrollment numbers-wise. Onco comes close, and MFM is gaining, but REI remains the prized, money-earning jewel among OBGYN fellowships. Why are you even asking?

Maybe the intern wants to do REI and is trying to spread propaganda to dissuade others from applying. Sneaky, but I've seen it done before.