Reproductive systems in EK bio

Started by ebasappa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ebasappa

Momma said knock you out.
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering, what's the general consensus about the info supplied by EK bio on the reproductive systems? I glanced at it, and it's only about 5 pages long. I have a TPR bio book also, that has a whole chapter dedicated to it(about 30 pages!!!). Does that seem like it would go too much into it?

Thanks!
 
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering, what's the general consensus about the info supplied by EK bio on the reproductive systems? I glanced at it, and it's only about 5 pages long. I have a TPR bio book also, that has a whole chapter dedicated to it(about 30 pages!!!). Does that seem like it would go too much into it?

Thanks!

EK is weak in reproduction, embryo, and metabolism.
 
Ah, do you think I would be better off reading TPR for that then? Perhaps having too much detail > not enough info

It would take you less than an hour to give that TPR chapter a read. Why not read it and then decide if it's worth reading again?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have EK and TPR books too. What I usually do for all the subjects is I first read through the EK chapter with a notebook+pen/pencil out actively taking notes. Then I go through the corresponding PR chapter doing the same, but doing the example problems too. It's time-consuming, but ultimately I can't retain knowledge unless I'm actively taking notes and applying the knowledge in example problems.

The EK reproductive system section is relatively short, but it sets a good basis for understanding the general process. After reading EK, PR reproductive section will be easier to understand. I don't recommend jumping straight to the PR without reading EK first since PR usually has so much detailed info and is a tougher read without the general background given by EK.

I hope this helps. =]
 
I have EK and TPR books too. What I usually do for all the subjects is I first read through the EK chapter with a notebook+pen/pencil out actively taking notes. Then I go through the corresponding PR chapter doing the same, but doing the example problems too. It's time-consuming, but ultimately I can't retain knowledge unless I'm actively taking notes and applying the knowledge in example problems.

The EK reproductive system section is relatively short, but it sets a good basis for understanding the general process. After reading EK, PR reproductive section will be easier to understand. I don't recommend jumping straight to the PR without reading EK first since PR usually has so much detailed info and is a tougher read without the general background given by EK.

I hope this helps. =]


Nice advice!! Thank you!