Reputation of DIY Post-bacc School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jyy3gx

Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to do a DIY post-bacc to finish up my pre-reqs for med school. I know I can take them at my alma mater, but I know the school well and they deflate grades like crazy (they are kinda proud if it). So I was looking into taking it at another school where I can pay in-state tuition. However, most of the schools that are in that group are not the most "prestigious" schools out there. They are still 4-year colleges, but just not as reputable compared to my alma mater.

I don't mean to sound cocky. I am just worried since med schools are very selective, I was wondering if taking my pre-reqs at a "less reputable" school would hurt my chances/application?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it will matter. I did my undergrad at Yale and my postbac at City College of New York. CCNY actually has serious stuff going on in the sciences, but I don't think anyone outside the five boroughs of NYC knows or cares about this.

Reactions: 1 user
I also don't think it matters much. Just do well on the MCAT. Save the money. I took post-bacc courses at extension school and community colleges, but went to a good NESCAC school, and I got into a few US MD programs.

Reactions: 1 user