Reputation of UTSPH-Dallas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElleWoodsMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm interested in applying to UTSPH Dallas' MPH program, but can't find much information on it. I've e-mailed them twice, once to ask about selection criteria for non-degree students taking a few courses (not sure if I want to do a full program yet), and then to ask more specific questions about the program, and couldn't get a straight answer. They actually ignored me when I told them that the website didn't have the information I needed. Anyway, does anyone here attend? I could really use some insight. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I am a student at UT Dallas, and have never heard of the program, and have never heard of it mentioned by fellow applicants who go to the same school as myself. I wish I could actually give advice, but I thought I'd go ahead and just say that.

I should also note that some classes will be on VTV. For example in one of my classes in Houston, we have the TV up with the students from UTD, UTSA, UT Arlington etc.

Austin and Houston have professors, while the other campuses just have a TV.

I can't say that is all the classes, as I've only experienced it in one class, but it's something to note.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I am a student at UT Dallas, and have never heard of the program, and have never heard of it mentioned by fellow applicants who go to the same school as myself. I wish I could actually give advice, but I thought I'd go ahead and just say that.

It's okay. The school is located on the UT Southwestern campus, and the fact that no one really knows much about it speaks volumes. It is accredited by CEPH, but that's about all I find out about it.

You have to apply to UT Health science center @ Houston and select Dallas campus while applying. Ideally, you should take dallas campus only if you are from Dallas or prefer to stay in Dallas, as all the main faculty are in Houston campus. Also, most of the classes will be on ITV from Houston. UT SW may provide some employment/internship opportunities, but they are plenty more in Houston due to Texas Medical Center.

I was admitted to the MPH program for Spring 2013 at the Dallas UT SPH campus. I am wondering if anyone else is involved in this program?