Req.'s for Harvard School of Dental Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stimulantjunkie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'm a newbie here folks.

My question is:
I'm currently taking calculus for life sciences right now - I'd like to attend a top school like HSDM or UPENN for grad - do I need to take calculus I and II w/ anal. geometry (8 credits total )?? If I did this, it would mean I would be starting the calculus sequence over.
Or am I okay with just taking calc. for life sciences I and II (6 credits total).

On the Harvard website it clearly states 1 year of calc. (8 credits).

Has anyone taken the 6 credit calculus course and has successfully been accepted to prestigious schools that require calculus without any dilemmas or problems?
BTW from my understanding it doesn't state Harvard requires calc. based physics so I wouldn't need it for my physics sequence to graduate from my school. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I'm a newbie here folks.

My question is:
I'm currently taking calculus for life sciences right now - I'd like to attend a top school like HSDM or UPENN for grad - do I need to take calculus I and II w/ anal. geometry (8 credits total )?? If I did this, it would mean I would be starting the calculus sequence over.
Or am I okay with just taking calc. for life sciences I and II (6 credits total).

On the Harvard website it clearly states 1 year of calc. (8 credits).

Has anyone taken the 6 credit calculus course and has successfully been accepted to prestigious schools that require calculus without any dilemmas or problems?
BTW from my understanding it doesn't state Harvard requires calc. based physics so I wouldn't need it for my physics sequence to graduate from my school. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Calculus I/II/III/IV/V here. Rejected by Penn, so answer=no. Focus on your cGPA, sGPA and DAT.

you must take 8 credits of calculus for Harvard. however, you don't have to take it before you apply. you can take calc 2 second semester senior year or spring term, after you know if you've been accepted to Harvard. as far as physics, you do not need calc based physics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Darn. Alright thanks for the reply - I guess I'll try and get a start on calc. I this summer and take calc. II senior year...

I wish they didn't even offer "Calculus for the life sciences." What a waste of a semester! :mad:

Well it's nothing impressive... I'm a freshman sitting on a 3.81
I'll be done with my gen bio, chem with a total of 41 credits after this semester...

Obviously it's a lofty goal but I'm aiming high. Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Well it's nothing impressive... I'm a freshman sitting on a 3.81
I'll be done with my gen bio, chem, and genetics (requirement for upper div bio classes at my school) with a total of 41 credits after this semester...

Obviously it's a lofty goal but I'm aiming high. Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.