requesting help in application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent02

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to knoiw if I can first send my Part I score report before I send my application to the respective universities. Please provide some insight on it.

thx

Members don't see this ad.

dent02 said:
Hi,

I would like to knoiw if I can first send my Part I score report before I send my application to the respective universities. Please provide some insight on it.

thx
To your question, yes you can! I don't know if you have taken your Part 1 exam. But the result takes two weeks (for computer based) and 4 weeks (for paper based) to reach you. After which, it will take ADA 2 weeks to process your request to send scores to schools. So, eventually, you will have 4 weeks ( if you have taken the computerized version) or 6 weeks (if you have taken the paper based) for the schools to get your part 1 result. Now, you have ample time to fill up your application. I don't know why you would do it otherwise!! :)

You are right but the fact that it takes 2 weeks for the ADA to process the request is not entirely accurate. I have family in Chicago so I had them go to their office with the score request. The ADA confirmed that they had sent my scores the next day. Actually, my cousin was also saying that contrary to what is generally said about them, their staff was very helpful. Another thing, if you give them prepaid envelopes your scores will be be sent quicker (as I believe one of the people on this forum told us). So go ahead and send in the application.

g3k said:
To your question, yes you can! I don't know if you have taken your Part 1 exam. But the result takes two weeks (for computer based) and 4 weeks (for paper based) to reach you. After which, it will take ADA 2 weeks to process your request to send scores to schools. So, eventually, you will have 4 weeks ( if you have taken the computerized version) or 6 weeks (if you have taken the paper based) for the schools to get your part 1 result. Now, you have ample time to fill up your application. I don't know why you would do it otherwise!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
TALAL said:
You are right but the fact that it takes 2 weeks for the ADA to process the request is not entirely accurate. I have family in Chicago so I had them go to their office with the score request. The ADA confirmed that they had sent my scores the next day. Actually, my cousin was also saying that contrary to what is generally said about them, their staff was very helpful. Another thing, if you give them prepaid envelopes your scores will be be sent quicker (as I believe one of the people on this forum told us). So go ahead and send in the application.

I know... so was mine sent in 6 working days!! I wasn't finding fault with ADA. I was just giving him/her the ideal situations. That's what the ADA website says, so, that's what I told the OP. My point was that he/she can very well send the applications before the result reaches the school. That's all. Peace! :)

thank you!

thx a lot gsk and Talal.I will go ahead and request ADA to send the score reports, meanwhile send my application to the schools.

Hi,
I know that Boston deadline is feb1,but my toefl score will reach the BU only on feb.2
is there any way They might consider my application?
I would appreciate any inputs on this.Is there any one who had the same situation.

thx

dent02 said:
Hi,
I know that Boston deadline is feb1,but my toefl score will reach the BU only on feb.2
is there any way They might consider my application?
I would appreciate any inputs on this.Is there any one who had the same situation.

thx
First.. I am g3k ... not gsk :D .. call the school up ... that is the best .. By the way, what is your part 1 score?

g3k said:
First.. I am g3k ... not gsk :D .. call the school up ... that is the best .. By the way, what is your part 1 score?

sorry about that g3k.
part-1 93%

thx