Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

requesting interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jdub, Jan 10, 2002.

1. jdub

jdub Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey guys,

i just wanted to let folks to know that this has worked for me. i got an interview at temple and then called mcphu and jefferson to see if they would be able to offer an interview, and both mcphu and jefferson offered me an interview and were able to reasonable accomodate for the time that i will be in philly . needless to say i feel very lucky. anyhow, if you are in a similar situation, i would definitely give it a try.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member

I tired to do the same for Jefferson. I think your being from Alaska has more precedence than being from Pittsburgh :) Good luck on your interviews!

4. I tried calling with Northwestern and Univ of Chicago when I had another interview in Chicago last month (I am from California) and told them that I was willing to stay an extra week in Chicago if they could accommodate me. They didnt. Yesterday I emailed both of them because I have another interview in the Midwest in February. I dont have faith that they will come through. I guess it depends on the school and whether they think that the applicant is "qualified." My two cents.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Hey, jdub, congrats on your interviews!!! :D :D
    How many does that make? Looks like you're on a roll!! :)

Also, for others considering doing this, here's my reply from <a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=007377" target="_blank">another thread</a> discussing this same topic.

6. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Congrats,

Now if I could only get a single interview at any one of those schools...

Maybe I'll try lying. I'll call MCP-HU and tell them I have an interview at Jefferson on XX date. When I get the MCP-HU interview I call Jefferson them the date of the MCP-HU interview.

Nah...I'll get in the old-fashioned way...by re-applying next year.

Cheers!