requesting interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdub

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i just wanted to let folks to know that this has worked for me. i got an interview at temple and then called mcphu and jefferson to see if they would be able to offer an interview, and both mcphu and jefferson offered me an interview and were able to reasonable accomodate for the time that i will be in philly . needless to say i feel very lucky. anyhow, if you are in a similar situation, i would definitely give it a try.

Members don't see this ad.

I tired to do the same for Jefferson. I think your being from Alaska has more precedence than being from Pittsburgh :) Good luck on your interviews!

I tried calling with Northwestern and Univ of Chicago when I had another interview in Chicago last month (I am from California) and told them that I was willing to stay an extra week in Chicago if they could accommodate me. They didnt. Yesterday I emailed both of them because I have another interview in the Midwest in February. I dont have faith that they will come through. I guess it depends on the school and whether they think that the applicant is "qualified." My two cents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, jdub, congrats on your interviews!!! :D :D
How many does that make? Looks like you're on a roll!! :)

Also, for others considering doing this, here's my reply from <a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=007377" target="_blank">another thread</a> discussing this same topic.

Originally posted by SMW:
•It's worked for me twice (Albany let me schedule around my Columbia interview, and Jefferson let me schedule around my MCPH interview), not worked multiple times that didn't result in speedy rejection (Rochester couldn't let me know in time, but later offered me an interview -- the invite came while I was in NY for the Columbia/Albany interviews. Other schools that said no I haven't heard anything more from), and speeded up my rejection at JHU (I have the distinction of being the first SDNer to be rejected by them!). So I don't think asking them to allow you to coordinate interviews is necessarily the kiss of death. I think that in some cases it just might speed up your notification of a rejection, not cause it. In the vast majority of cases it has no effect. Occasionally you'll find a school that will bend over backwards, for whatever reason, to help you.•••

Congrats,

Now if I could only get a single interview at any one of those schools...

Maybe I'll try lying. I'll call MCP-HU and tell them I have an interview at Jefferson on XX date. When I get the MCP-HU interview I call Jefferson them the date of the MCP-HU interview.

Nah...I'll get in the old-fashioned way...by re-applying next year.

Cheers!