Step III Rescheduling 2nd day due to weather?

Started by Grisha
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Grisha

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm scheduled to take the 2nd day of Step III late next week. But I'm in the Northeast and there's a big snowstorm forecasted for my scheduled day. It's still some time in the future, so the weather may not be accurate. But, if I don't take it that day, I would have taken day 1 and most likely won't be able to reschedule day 2 within the 14 day window because of the holidays... I would have to schedule it in January.

Help! Has anyone come across this situation? If I'm forced to reschedule due to weather, does the 14 day window (in between day 1 and 2 of the exam) still apply? Do you have to take day 2 at the same testing center as day 1? I would also need to extend my testing period, which expires at the end of this month!
 
I'm scheduled to take the 2nd day of Step III late next week. But I'm in the Northeast and there's a big snowstorm forecasted for my scheduled day. It's still some time in the future, so the weather may not be accurate. But, if I don't take it that day, I would have taken day 1 and most likely won't be able to reschedule day 2 within the 14 day window because of the holidays... I would have to schedule it in January.

Help! Has anyone come across this situation? If I'm forced to reschedule due to weather, does the 14 day window (in between day 1 and 2 of the exam) still apply? Do you have to take day 2 at the same testing center as day 1? I would also need to extend my testing period, which expires at the end of this month!

You need to call FSMB asap. We aren't the testing authority that would be able to answer your question.