Rescheduling Med School Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dogruffle01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scheduled one of my med school interviews not knowing that I had an already scheduled research presentation that same day. I emailed admissions and they wished me luck on my presentation and rescheduled me for the next available interview. I know this might be a little neurotic, but will this damage my chances of getting into the school? This is one of my top choices and I'm worried I screwed myself over.

Members don't see this ad.

no.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I scheduled one of my med school interviews not knowing that I had an already scheduled research presentation that same day. I emailed admissions and they wished me luck on my presentation and rescheduled me for the next available interview. I know this might be a little neurotic, but will this damage my chances of getting into the school? This is one of my top choices and I'm worried I screwed myself over.
Chill. These things are common. Life happens, y'know? Med schools are not like jealous dates.

When I applied before, one school didn’t let me reschedule but I think that it’s because I was honest and said I had an interview at another school that couldn’t be moved

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
When I applied before, one school didn’t let me reschedule but I think that it’s because I was honest and said I had an interview at another school that couldn’t be moved
... and, apparently, THAT school was EXACTLY like a jealous date!!! :laugh:

That said, where on earth did you get the nerve to be so honest? It didn't even occur to you even a little that they might get offended?

When I scheduled at the first school, there were so many dates. But then the second only gave me one. So I thought it wouldn’t be a big deal. Also I figured it would look better to just be honest

When I scheduled at the first school, there were so many dates. But then the second only gave me one. So I thought it wouldn’t be a big deal. Also I figured it would look better to just be honest
I hear you, I just wouldn't have had the nerve to imply that ANY school is more important than EVERY school, by asking to reschedule so I can go on another interview.