Rescheduling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emhl123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is scheduled for this Saturday which only gives me 4 more days to study. Right now I feel 60% ready to take the dat. My weak points right now are qr and rc. I am planning on taking ADA's 2007 and 2009 exam on Tuesday and Wednesday and see how I do. If I do poorly, I am thinking about pushing back my exam a week or two. My question is, will postponing another week or two really benefit me that much? I am planning on applying this cycle as well....will it be considered late if I apply early august?

Members don't see this ad.

I am weak in QR and RC. I didn't practice it at all my last 2 weeks,not because I didn't want to(I really did), but I felt I needed to focus on my science section more since they were the most important. Unfortunately, there is only so much time in a day(even though I was studying morning till night). I ended up getting a 12 in QR because I guessed on pretty much every answer and a 15 in RC. I feel the low RC score was because I didn't have any sort of strategy and as soon as the test begin and 12 min went by and I only semi-read the passage and answered only 2 questions....panic mode started to kick in for me and I felt so rushed answer the questions since time was flying by. I would see how you score on your practice exams in those sections. If you're pulling at least 17/18 I think you're good, but if it's lower than that, I would recommend pushing it back till you can improve. Trust me, i was trying hard to apply early and now since I didn't put in the time for those sections, now I have to retake the DAT. Being fully ready and scoring well on the DAT is sooooo much better than applying early. It's up to you.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
If you really don't feel ready push it back. 1-2 weeks can work wonders! You wouldn't be "late."
Keep in mind schools don't pay too much attention to QR but they definitely look at your RC with some scrutiny.

If you do those 5 DAT Bootcamp RC tests, you will be fine! The real DAT RC was much easier (or at least my version). For QR, try to take 1-10 BOotcamp QR tests and focus on speed and accuracy! If you can get 18 QR and 19 RC on 2009, then I think you are ready!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your input guys. @htorres89 that is exactly why I have this problem, I neglected both RC and QR during my studies and now I am trying to make up for it. I know these two sections are not weighed as heavily but still would like to score atleast a 20! I know I can with practice for QR, but RC.....yeah lets just say that RC isn't going as well for me.

If you do those 5 DAT Bootcamp RC tests, you will be fine! The real DAT RC was much easier (or at least my version). For QR, try to take 1-10 BOotcamp QR tests and focus on speed and accuracy! If you can get 18 QR and 19 RC on 2009, then I think you are ready!

That is very relieving to hear. Do you think I will be okay if I do up to Test #10 in Math Destroyer? After I finish math destroyer I will try to do as many bootcamp qr tests as I can.

That is very relieving to hear. Do you think I will be okay if I do up to Test #10 in Math Destroyer? After I finish math destroyer I will try to do as many bootcamp qr tests as I can.

Yep! That's exactly what I did, but I did make a 18 on QR. I have never been too good at doing math problems fast! Like I said, fast and accurately is the key for these. So definitely work through those destroyer problems to get exposure to different types of problems and understand how to solve them, then use bootcamp to work on the fast and accurate technique.