Rescheduling!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mariahill

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, for many reasons, I will not be in the best shape to take the Exam for my scheduled July 22nd. (a breakup w/ my boyfriend of one year at a very critical period in my studying completely screwed me over, along with some very minor family things).

I have made the decision on my own to reschedule for later (which falls past my 3-month period originally chosen).

Is there anyone out there that has done this "eligibility period extension" from the NBME.

I need help, and I don't know how to do it. I'm away at the moment, so not around other med students who may know such things.

Please help!

I'd really appreciate any and all help. I'm a such a wreck right now.......relationship/breakup advice is very much wanted/welcome as well.

Good luck to all.Thanks SO MUCH in advance.
Sincerely,
Maria

Members don't see this ad.

Hiya
Whats up with all the men??Mine left me 3 days agoI have no idea whre he is .Maybe they are all at some party.
well none of you guys have 2 kids as well IMAGINE THAT.
Any ways yes you can xtend the exam .You have to pay I think some thing like $50 dollars.It will have to be okd by your school if you are not a graduate.I mean they have to certify it.
Extensions perse work like this..if you scheduled it for say jan-feb-mar,you will get the next following 3 months apr-may-june
you can extend your exam only once
PM me if you need to talk

Girrrl-- I feel you on this one. I had the worst breakup of my life in college at the start of my second semester in school, coincidentally a few months before taking the MCAT.

I went to a highly competitive university and was taking a bunch of those cutthroat premed classes and I was NOT about to let this mofo ruin my GPA. So I simmered for quite a while, put my feelings on the backburner, and made a 4.0 that semester. And then I spent the next 3 years sorting through my feelings. I'm not sure if that's healthy, but it worked.

You're at a very critical period in your nascent career right now that you will never get back. The breakup occurred at an unfortunate time, but you're gonna have to focus on yourself right now and giving yourself the best possible chance to do well on this test. This score is with you for life, the boy is obviously not. So I would suggest that you try to put your feelings on hold, extend your test date, do well on the test, and then deal with your feelings. Nope, it ain't easy.

And check the nbme website or your orange ticket for how to extend your date beyond your eligibility period.

Take Care,
JD