Rescoring MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCAT1982

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen some older posts about rescoring - But, has anyone heard anything about the rescoring process and score improvements ?

I am not happy with the score I received, as it is a lot different from what I was getting in my practice exam - and I still feel I did pretty good at PS/BS sections for sure.

Any score improvement stuff you have heard of ?

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen some older posts about rescoring - But, has anyone heard anything about the rescoring process and score improvements ?

I am not happy with the score I received, as it is a lot different from what I was getting in my practice exam - and I still feel I did pretty good at PS/BS sections for sure.

Any score improvement stuff you have heard of ?

My friend was in a similar situation with VR. Got like a low to mid 20's MCAT with a 3 in VR or something. Was absolutely astonished because it was a 3. He was averaging about a 7, but was really hoping for an 8.

Had it re-scored, still a 3.

I've never heard of a re-score that works out. Especially with the computer version. I thought about having mine rescored (10 in bio after averaging a 13-14 on practice exams with a 15 on AAMC9 or something) but reasoned out that it wasn't going to change. I screwed up. My other scores were dead on my averages, and the test did cater to my weaknesses in BS.

If you truly feel you can get points back then do it. The $50 or however much you have to spend is worth it if it will prevent you from having to spend X more hours studying and the $250 test fee. I would not expect your score to change, however.

There was someone who took the 5/13 test or something who scored a 1 in verbal after getting ~10, I think. I would guess he/she got some points back?