Research as MME?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Comprehensive-Sink85

Reaction score
Is it a red flag if I don't include research as one of my MMEs? Asking because it is my strongest activity (most hours, pubs + posters, will be most of what I'm doing during my gap year) and I plan on applying to a good amount of research heavy schools. For reference, I put a clinical experience, leadership position, and non-clinical volunteering as MMEs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If it was a most memorable experience for you then include it as an MME. If not; then go with the ones you've already selected. Being honest about what activities meant the most to you will help you write better essays and therefore have the most impact.

Just make sure your mme are all things you are very comfortable talking about in depth at your interviews. If your research is your most meaningful, make sure it’s meaningful in a way that is connected to medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
For MME, pick things that you feel you have more to say about than the original activity description allows. If you feel you've said all you need to say about research and have more to say about other activities, no need to make research your MME.

Frankly, I make no judgments about what is MME and what isn't and I'm at a research heavy school. The way I see it, pick the three things that you need the extra space to describe/explain.

Reactions: 1 user