Research in Africa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmlifesd

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be going to Ghana for 3 weeks this summer and I'm interested in doing research while I'm there. Has anyone gone overseas and done research? Has anyone done research over such a short period of time? I'm a P2, with very little experience doing research of any kind. Basically, I'm thinking either a retrospective chart study or patient/hospital staff survey. Any tips?
 
I'll be going to Ghana for 3 weeks this summer and I'm interested in doing research while I'm there. Has anyone gone overseas and done research? Has anyone done research over such a short period of time? I'm a P2, with very little experience doing research of any kind. Basically, I'm thinking either a retrospective chart study or patient/hospital staff survey. Any tips?

IRB is going to be a pain in the butt, and you'd most likely need to contact Ghana ministry of health if its health related and involving citizen of that country.