Research on ERAS dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoyohomieg5432

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few posters/oral presentations of research that I've been involved in, however I was not the one that presented them.

How do we incorporate these into our application? Do I still add them under 'poster presentation' even if I didn't technically present it?

Also.. Do we add 'research experience' for each thing? Say I worked in a lab for 6 months on a project and ended up doing an oral presentation from it.. Do I add it as an oral presentation and then add a research experience and elaborate more on my role? Or do I just add it strictly as oral presentation

Members don't see this ad.

No experience applying, but you would list everything (not just the highest level) individually on a CV, why wouldn't you do the same for Eras?

I'm genuinely curious because I would have thought that even if Eras isn't meant to be an online CV for residency programs to evaluate applicants, the skillset to write a paper and give an oral/poster session are very different and knowledge that an applicant has multiple types of experience in the research world seems like valuable information.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a few posters/oral presentations of research that I've been involved in, however I was not the one that presented them.

How do we incorporate these into our application? Do I still add them under 'poster presentation' even if I didn't technically present it?

Also.. Do we add 'research experience' for each thing? Say I worked in a lab for 6 months on a project and ended up doing an oral presentation from it.. Do I add it as an oral presentation and then add a research experience and elaborate more on my role? Or do I just add it strictly as oral presentation

Yes, add to "Research Experience" everything you participated in, whether it resulted in a poster, a presentation, a NEJM article or nothing. You should definitely add poster and presentations you presented. Whether you add a presentation or poster in which you participated in the project, but didn't present, that's kinda up to you. I typically disregard those because I know it wasn't the person applying who presented the work. Should you choose to list it, someone may ask you about the presentation on the interview, so you'll have to be prepared to deal with a question about a presentation that you didn't take part in, which can be tricky. In that situation, it'd best to say you didn't present, but talk about the project in general and what your contribution was.

bump, was looking for more opinions.

for each research experience, i will definitely briefly mention the different posters i was featured on.. but as far as the other section of ERAS where you add all of your "publications" there's also a section for posters and oral presentations too, so I was wondering if they should be added there as well but somehow clarify it was not me that physically presented it