Research opportunities in gap year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

southpawcannon

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fall semester has yet to begun, but I am entering my final year of graduate school and looking for job opportunities during my gap year following graduation in the spring . Ideally, I'd like to be in a situation where I can make a decent living, pay for all bills, especially with student loan repayments looming, as well as to help pay for secondaries, travel to interviews, etc. However, I would like to get more experience in clinical medicine research. My only research experience is one I have just begun, a cardiovascular clinical research internship, 16 hrs/week for the next two months. Is anyone aware of research opportunities for someone possessing a Masters only? The ones I have come across thus far are either for undergraduates or those about to enter college.
 
The only research positions I've come across seem to all be Masters degree preferred so I would think you would have an advantage. I looked at schools in my state and neighboring states and even some job search sites.