Research project- need help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMD2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a rising second year med student and I'm currently working on a medical education-related research project. Basically I'm trying to find out if any med schools out there have a mock interviewing program for 4th years who are applying to residency, and if so just a little bit about the program, how it works, if it works, etc. If your school has a different type of system (online interview prep, whatever) I'd love to know what it is, too!

If any of you guys have a program like that at your med school or know of one that does, could you let me know? You can PM me if you're not comfortable sharing that info openly. It would be a HUGE help! My other option is to try and call med ed deans at all AAMC-affiliated med schools and that sounds like a really terrible way of spending my summer :oops:.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My school's EM department will conduct interviews for every student who applies in EM, whether they are interested in staying or not. To my understanding, we essentially go through the same interview day as any of the other residency applicants - interview with 2-3 faculty members, each for 30min. A tour of the department and a presentation by the PD, breakfast and lunch, as well as an invitation to morning rounds (IIRC).

Solicitation a violation of the TOS of The Student Doctor Network. Now closing. To the OP: Start making those phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.