Research Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerusa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am an undergraduate physics major. I am excited about getting involved in research in this upcoming year. I was wondering if having research experience in the physics department would look any worse than one in the biology department or medical school. I really enjoy physics and would like to focus my research there for now but do not want to put myself at a disadvantage for medical school. Thanks for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I am an undergraduate physics major. I am excited about getting involved in research in this upcoming year. I was wondering if having research experience in the physics department would look any worse than one in the biology department or medical school. I really enjoy physics and would like to focus my research there for now but do not want to put myself at a disadvantage for medical school. Thanks for the input.
No.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a good thing. It will likely make you stand out from all of the other biology research.

It is a good thing. It will likely make you stand out from all of the other biology research.

:thumbup:

It's pretty much accepted that phys is harder than bio...

IMHO though it wouldn't be a bad idea though to still familiarise yourself with bio research (through casual reading), at least enough that if someone gave you a bio paper you'd understand why it might be important.

Honestly, it will actually be good in a way, you'll stand out amongst other students that simply did research in biology, biomedical (not saying that's totally bad, since I had cancer, biomedical research ;))

Learning how to research is more important than what you research.

Learning how to research is more important than what you research.

+1

There could be some bio research labs that use physics. I know math majors and engineers are used often in biology labs.