Research topic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boon Doctor

The Tree-Tacklin' Bum
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll get right to the point... what is a decent research topic in medicine OR medical school that can be done by Friday? It can be controversial with two opposing sides to the issue...

Members don't see this ad.

Are you asking us to do your homework for you? I can't even tell what exactly your question is.

maybe if you flesh out the assignment a bit more for us, we could help.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i figured this post wouldnt get very far....

thanks, i've found some... just gotta decide which is the quickest to write and research...

"AIDS did not originate in Africa? AIDS is a man-made Holocaust? HIV doesnt necessarily cause AIDS?" wow there's so much out there....

Snowboarder said:
Are you asking us to do your homework for you? I can't even tell what exactly your question is.

Dude, what's so hard to understand?

Ick, AIDS might not be your BEST choice because there is so much out there on it and sorting out for what you want could be hard.

You could do something on vaccines ... whether they actually help or hurt populations

There really are a ton of things. I just did a presentation on HIV and lemme tell ya, INFO OVERLOAD. Great topic just SO much out there though.

Boon Doctor said:
"AIDS did not originate in Africa? AIDS is a man-made Holocaust? HIV doesnt necessarily cause AIDS?" wow there's so much out there....
so when you said you needed a subject that had two opposing sides, you didn't mean two RATIONAL opposing sides?

Choose something related to your major and something you have a strong interest towards.

Please, if you're not gonna help and just nitpick at my posts, stop wasting both my time and yours. This is not some lazy attempt to get others to find topics for me. I just presumed that some of you had done research papers in the past (i'm a first-year student) and could possibly offer some feedback on some interesting topics...

The AIDS stuff was just junk I read while researching...they were just things I've never questioned.

Boon Doctor said:
Please, if you're not gonna help and just nitpick at my posts, stop wasting both my time and yours. This is not some lazy attempt to get others to find topics for me. I just presumed that some of you had done research papers in the past (i'm a first-year student) and could possibly offer some feedback on some interesting topics...

The AIDS stuff was just junk I read while researching...they were just things I've never questioned.
I don't think we understand what you mean by "research paper." Do you mean a paper exploring the pros/cons of a subject? That is not a research paper. Research requires much more work than can be completed by Friday. There is a difference between a "research paper" and a "well researched paper."

Again - we don't even really understand what the assignment is, so how can we help?

Flopotomist said:
I don't think we understand what you mean by "research paper." Do you mean a paper exploring the pros/cons of a subject? That is not a research paper. Research requires much more work than can be completed by Friday. There is a difference between a "research paper" and a "well researched paper."

Again - we don't even really understand what the assignment is, so how can we help?

Sorry, didn't know 'research' was so subjective. this paper is for a comp II class, and it is actually intended to be a research paper exploring some new issue in pop culture that concerns me and that should also concern "humanity." I wanted to find something in medicine or something about medical school that was both controversial and could be debated with. Looks like I'll have to look beyond medicine, as most medical controversies seem to be too broad. (stem cell research, medicinal marijuana, alternative medicine, etc)

Boon Doctor said:
Dude, what's so hard to understand?

*Dude* don't bite the hand that feeds you.

euthanasia, animal testing, causes of obesity, the media's influence of pandemic scares....

consent and HIV testing, forced sterilization of rapists, the autonomy of minors for medical decision making, the system for organ allocation on a transplant list, the medical rights of incarcerated people. There are a few more ideas just off the top of my head.