Research year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medstudent246

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I don't know who to ask for help or guidance as I don't have that support at my medical school (unfortunately), but I have been very interested in plastic surgery since I was a pre-med working at an outpatient office, and I have been trying my best lately to get into a research year, as I am almost done with my third year.


I have gotten interviews for 6 programs, so the issue is not getting the interview, but the issue is why I am not selected for the position post-interview. I finish these interviews feeling like I did well, but then a couple of weeks later, I get an email saying that although I was a good candidate, they decided to go with someone else. What gives? I want to know what is causing them to choose other people over me, but I don't know if it is appropriate for me to ask for feedback.


Does anyone have advice for me? I also have been cold emailing, and that has not been too successful. I got an interview after cold emailing, but for that specific program, I just found out I was not selected. It is already March, and I am running out of time 🙁 I am worried.


Any help would be appreciated!


If you want to help but need more details, please dm me!