Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tbrock94

Reaction score
I am attending an online university as I work two full time jobs right now. I see a lot of people that get into medical, dental, and podiatry school have done research or helped with research. Is there anyway to do this if you attend an online university?

Members don't see this ad.

I am attending an online university as I work two full time jobs right now. I see a lot of people that get into medical, dental, and podiatry school have done research or helped with research. Is there anyway to do this if you attend an online university?

Research is only icing on top.

Focus on GPA and everything else you need such as rec letter etc.

You are working 2 full time jobs. Pending your grades and time management, that maturity speaks volumes over someone doing research just to pad their resume. Don't bite off more than you can chew just to say "I did research". Wouldn't be worth it.

Does that make sense?

Reactions: 1 user
Research is only icing on top.

Focus on GPA and everything else you need such as rec letter etc.

You are working 2 full time jobs. Pending your grades and time management, that maturity speaks volumes over someone doing research just to pad their resume. Don't bite off more than you can chew just to say "I did research". Wouldn't be worth it.

Does that make sense?
It totally does thank you! Also I have spoke to a representative from Kent state college of podiatric medicine and they state they do take online science courses as long as they have labs. Is that common or should I be worried that that is false to a extent?

It totally does thank you! Also I have spoke to a representative from Kent state college of podiatric medicine and they state they do take online science courses as long as they have labs. Is that common or should I be worried that that is false to a extent?

If it was a representative then I'd take their word.

If you have proof through official emails or it came from admissions department/faculty etc, I'd go for it.