Research?

Started by Topology
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Topology

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I am MS-1 in midwest. I have a question about research? I have done research during undergrad for two years without publications. I'll be starting a research related to cataracts in few weeks at my med school. Does is matter in what field I do research in to have better chance at radiology residency or any field is ok as long as I get it published? Thanks.
 
my advice: don't be like thousands of other clamoring neurotic students all trying to solve the magic rubik's cube puzzle of becoming the perfect on paper candidate for getting into a "top 5" program. Instead, take care of yourself, love your family and friends, get laid, and do whatever research you are interested and are able to take part in-
or if you hate it and are just doing it because of this two faced game we play, simply do a mere case report, or write a haiku on how research sucks ass.
either way, you'll get into a field that is less ******ed than most in medicine and live happily ever after-or at least you'll be able to send your kids to private school.