Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikeshp

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is two months of research enough? I was going to start earlier this summer, but some complications came up and I will only be able to work for two months. Is this a significant amount? Also, is all research, in any field, viewed equally, unless there is a publication?

Members don't see this ad.

Is two months of research enough? I was going to start earlier this summer, but some complications came up and I will only be able to work for two months. Is this a significant amount? Also, is all research, in any field, viewed equally, unless there is a publication?
Its better than none...but definitely not enough if you want a MD/PHD...

no, i dont want MD/PhD. I will be in the lab for about 300 hours, might continue into the school year, maybe not. Is this enough for some of the top tier schools, assuming everything else is great (which its not, just want to know if I would need to do more research to even aim that high)

Members don't see this ad :)
no, i dont want MD/PhD. I will be in the lab for about 300 hours, might continue into the school year, maybe not. Is this enough for some of the top tier schools, assuming everything else is great (which its not, just want to know if I would need to do more research to even aim that high)
Just realize that for the top research schools you wil be competing against students who have years of research experience and presentations and Pubs...So I am tempted to say No its not enough, but you still have a chance if everything else is stellar.

2 months of research 2 months before submitting ur app will make you look desperate. And Lebron James is never desperate, that's why he kicks so much butt

i just finished my freshman year. thats why i didn't know if i was good in the research area and can focus only on volunteerign and clinical or if i needed to spend ore time during the school year to continue research

i just finished my freshman year. thats why i didn't know if i was good in the research area and can focus only on volunteerign and clinical or if i needed to spend ore time during the school year to continue research
If you dont like it...Dont do it...no need torturing yourself Just to get into med school....thats probably the worst thing you can do.