Residency contract question

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Wednesday, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My friend matched into a residency program and was recently told that she wouldn't be signing a contract until she comes to orientation in mid-June. Is this standard?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. callowna

callowna Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am under the impression that most programs have you sign the contract before you get there. I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago along with a host of other forms/paperwork to fill out.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Verified Expert Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Not sure if that's standard - I was mailed mine within days of the match and asked to have it back within a short period of time. I would suspect this to be the standard - after all, without a contract programs aren't really sure a candidate will show up come orientation time. I'd hate to be the PD two weeks before residency starts with some no-shows (it can still happen of course, but having a signed contract beforehand would make it less likely IMHO).