1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Residency contract question

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Wednesday, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My friend matched into a residency program and was recently told that she wouldn't be signing a contract until she comes to orientation in mid-June. Is this standard?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. callowna

callowna Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am under the impression that most programs have you sign the contract before you get there. I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago along with a host of other forms/paperwork to fill out.

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Not sure if that's standard - I was mailed mine within days of the match and asked to have it back within a short period of time. I would suspect this to be the standard - after all, without a contract programs aren't really sure a candidate will show up come orientation time. I'd hate to be the PD two weeks before residency starts with some no-shows (it can still happen of course, but having a signed contract beforehand would make it less likely IMHO).