Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just out of curiosity, do programs send all interview invites at once or a few at a time over a period of days?

Well someone got invited to Mayo 1/9 and I got invited 1/10 so they must!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email from OHSU that interview invites will be sent no later than 1/18. I still haven't heard from : duke, U of Colorado, UNM, VA Texas tech, UNC, Utah, and VA SLC.

A bit worried Phorcas never emailed me when my updated transcripts should have arrived. Has anyone had to send updated transcripts? Did Phorcas confirm receiving them?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from University of Michigan?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email from OHSU that interview invites will be sent no later than 1/18. I still haven't heard from : duke, U of Colorado, UNM, VA Texas tech, UNC, Utah, and VA SLC.

A bit worried Phorcas never emailed me when my updated transcripts should have arrived. Has anyone had to send updated transcripts? Did Phorcas confirm receiving them?

You can look under status and it will show transcripts.

You can look under status and it will show transcripts.
It only says one, yet they say they received the updated transcript. Does this mean they're processing it?

Just got an interview offer from Jesse Brown VA for PGY2 in ID on 1/10. Anyone else hear back from any other ID programs?

Avella specialty pharmacy sent out invites 1/8, not sure if all their invites went out that day.

Anyone who is non-Native hear from IHS yet?

Anyone hear from western programs (CA, AZ, CO, etc.)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Avella specialty pharmacy sent out invites 1/8, not sure if all their invites went out that day.

Anyone who is non-Native hear from IHS yet?

Anyone hear from western programs (CA, AZ, CO, etc.)?

I haven't heard from West programs AZ or UT

I haven't heard from West programs AZ or UT

Oh okay. I applied to a handful in AZ and CA and haven't heard from them. Seems like the eastern programs might be slightly ahead.

Here's to waiting patiently! Lol

houston methodist onsite scheduled for 1/13

anybody hear back from Umass memorial or brigham and womens?

Did you do a PPS or phone interview with Houston Methodist? Or may I ask if you are a local student in that area? (as I heard they have a different interview process)

Has anyone heard from any other programs on the east/southeast region? I've heard back from some one or two programs in NC but I applied to a couple in NC, SC and FL but have not heard much yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from any other programs on the east/southeast region? I've heard back from some one or two programs in NC but I applied to a couple in NC, SC and FL but have not heard much yet.

Which ones in NC have you heard back from?

Members don't see this ad :)
What FL programs did you apply to?

Which ones in NC have you heard back from?

No new programs for NC that haven't already been sent out unfortunately (Vidant and Wake Forest)

What FL programs did you apply to?

I applied to a host of central FL programs. Actually have heard back from UF Jacksonville, but I'm waiting to hear about the other UF Shands program as well as Tampa General and Orlando Health (among a few others)

No new programs for NC that haven't already been sent out unfortunately (Vidant and Wake Forest)

I applied to a host of central FL programs. Actually have heard back from UF Jacksonville, but I'm waiting to hear about the other UF Shands program as well as Tampa General and Orlando Health (among a few others)

I'm also waiting on orlando health and a good chunk of the florida hospitals in the same area. Any luck hearing back from any of them?

I'm also waiting on orlando health and a good chunk of the florida hospitals in the same area. Any luck hearing back from any of them?

Nope. No word on my end. I know it's early in the process, but I'm getting antsy trying to anticipate scheduling interviews (provided I get more that require a significant amount of traveling)

Nope. No word on my end. I know it's early in the process, but I'm getting antsy trying to anticipate scheduling interviews (provided I get more that require a significant amount of traveling)
Also applied to a few in the Central Florida area. No word yet. Orlando Health had an earlier deadline so it should be any day now...

Any news for Indian health services? Do non natives stand a chance?

Banner U Medical Center Tucson (U of Arizona) yesterday

Phorcas doesn't notify as far as I know. You can check if they have been received in the "Status" tab of your application. It would tell you how many transcripts you requested and how many came in.

Just out of curiosity, do programs send all interview invites at once or a few at a time over a period of days?

Totally depends on the program and how they want to do it. Same with sending out rejection letters, some do and some don't bother.

Cleveland Clinic sent out invites today. Also, I know from friends that Nebraska Med and IU sent out invites

Slogging through applications now. I say slogging because these people document every damn hour of volunteer work, every tiny award and every presentation they have ever given. It's ridiculous. Pipe down with that, y'all.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard from any programs in Michigan?

Orlando health sent rejection email today.

Did you do a PPS or phone interview with Houston Methodist? Or may I ask if you are a local student in that area? (as I heard they have a different interview process)

I interviewed with them at PPS. Don't know what the process is for local students but I've heard if you don't interview at PPS they require a phone or video conference interview

Totally depends on the program and how they want to do it. Same with sending out rejection letters, some do and some don't bother.

I was told that they do them in rounds, and it seems with some programs rounds can take a whole week. Fingers crossed for hearing back tomorrow from programs!

Has anyone heard from VA Las Vegas and KP?

Has anyone heard back from VA-Houston, VA-Maryland, or University of Maryland for PGY-2?

I also applied to a few in NC, SC and FL and have yet to hear back. (Except from Greenville, SC). I have heard back from Tampa today saying that they would let me know by the end of next week. \o/

I'm still waiting on Palmetto Health in SC and like all my of NC programs.
Rex and Carolinas HealthCare.

Has anyone heard back Memorial Sloan Kettering PGY2?

What HSPA programs have people heard from?

Just heard back from UNM PGY-1!

Just heard back from both Kaiser Permanente (Virginia, DC and Maryland) and CJW in Virginia!

Interview at University of Vermont 1/10

Interview invites for PGY1 Amb Care programs from:
Columbus OH VA - onsite
OSU - video
Carolinas HealthCare - video
Froedtert - onsite
Monroe Clinic - onsite
Palmetto - onsite

Wake Forest - reject

Last edited:
Has anyone heard for PGY2 in ID from Jefferson or HUP in Philly?

Interview invites for Amb Care programs from:
Columbus OH VA - onsite
OSU - video
Carolinas HealthCare - video
Froedtert - onsite
Monroe Clinic - onsite
Palmetto - onsite

Wake Forest - reject

Pgy2? Or pgy1